Monday 4 November 2013

My new Xmas Tree die!






On Friday I popped into The Warehouse and found a fantastic Xmas Tree die from Couture Creations for $5.99!! Well, I couldn't resist. When I got home it started raining, so to hell with cleaning the shower, I decided to experiment with it.

After putting it through my Cuttlebug, I discovered that I quite liked the left over shape, so came up with this card. Its basically a white cardstock with a piece of candy-cane coloured paper from  Lawn Fawn - Peace Joy Love 6x6 paper pad. I cut another piece of white cardstock the same size as the piece with the die cut  and put this gorgeous washi tape across. I then glued the die piece over top.

I decided to stop there as there was a lot going on with the stripes and the washi. Then I came up with these:


These are two smaller cards (basically a normal sized card cut in half). The card on the right shows the actual Xmas Tree die cut. I just added some small light green sequins as if they were lights.

The other card is once again using the left-over shape with just a few light blue pearls. I absolutely love using the Lawn Fawn - Peace Joy Love papers and used them on both of these cards.

I had so many ideas on how to use this and they are all scribbled on a scrap piece of paper. Hopefully I will get a chance to try them out before Xmas actually arrives!!

Everyone back to school/work tomorrow. Has been our second 3-day weekend in a row with perfect spring weather (even got a bit sunburnt....). My son's 7th birthday on Wednesday and need to make him a card tomorrow. Will let you know what I come up with.....

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment