Sunday 2 February 2014

Crafting on a Saturday afternoon??

Yes, its hard to believe but I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon (on and off) working on a few cards. Was really lovely as the kids were giving me advice and even my Mum was visiting, so she was able to see what I working on.
I was going to enter the Retro Sketches #99 Challenge but procrastinated for too long. I found this blue patterned paper in my My Minds Eye 6x6 Cut and Paste 'Adorbs' pad. I worked out that I could use my circle hole punch to make a cut-out just like the sketch but from there I was absolutely stumped!! So I left it at 1am Saturday morning, to try again later.

This time I turned the blue paper up the other way and found another patterned paper from the same pad with these gorgeous pink 'hello' bubbles. I had a 'smile' stamp from my Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' stamp set and thought it would fit perfectly.

I love the card now. Its amazing how you can go from nearly throwing out some paper (was so frustrated!), stepping away from it and it now turning into a project I like.

Have so many challenge emails sitting in my inbox that I will start on tonight. Great to get my cards out there for people to see but even better to see what people come up with.

And have had some wonderful comments lately, which really boost my confidence levels. Crafting people are the best!!!!!

Will share two more cards tomorrow and hopefully some challenge ones over this week.

Take care
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment