Thursday 13 March 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #67


So glad I managed to squeeze this challenge card in this week. I really love joining this challenge, as the sketch is so simple and love seeing how everyone else interprets it, they are amazing. You should take a peek at CAS(E) this Sketch #67.
I had one idea in my head but after going over it a million times, I decided to try something else.
 Now, I'm not quite sure about this one. I feel like it needs something else but every embellishment I try doesn't look right, so I feel its telling me to stop and leave it be. What do you think?

I die-cut the hello 4x from white cardstock and glued together, with a gold paper topper. The two papers are from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date'. I actually had another pink pattern that I was going to use but I turned it over to put on foam squares and saw the grey stripes. Much more interesting, I thought. I also tried out my new heart die from CAS-ual Friday's that I won. Its fantastic!!!!! 


I was worried I wouldn't get to join any challenges this week. Have started the Online Card Class - Clean and Simple One Layer, also been 'parent help' at a few school outings and trying to get Phoebe packed up for her first school camp on Monday. They are going about 1/2hr away and staying 3 nights. She hasn't been able to do a sleepover yet (usually gets brought back home crying) so not sure how she will get on.....fingers crossed!


Take care
Shona

 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute...love the gold hello and heart and on that sweet patterned paper, just the perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold with the grey and white's fabulous, Shona ... lovely and crisp and gorgeous! You were so right to leave it as is ... I'm always reminding myself, if in doubt, walk away! Hope Phoebe makes it to school camp ... sounds so much fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the gold! Elegant, CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would you want to change anything? The card is beautiful as it is now. The word elegant was used in a comment above and it describes the card to a tee.

    ReplyDelete