Saturday 5 April 2014

CAS on Sunday Challenge #30 - Stitched Faux or Real

Another new challenge I came across on another blog. There are so many of them out there to keep my brain ticking along!

My Mum would laugh at this challenge as she knows that sewing is not my thing at all. If I have anything that needs a button fixed or pants to be shortened etc, Mum is my 'go-to' person for sewing needs. I did take Home Economics at school but failed dismally in the sewing part. 

So, there was certainly no way I was going to attempt to sew on my card so I had to find another way.....
Luckily back in January I purchased a set of Simon Says Stamps that had this sewing sentiment and little stitched hearts....perfect!! I die cut the pattern paper  from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date' and inlay-ed it into the front of the card. I then used my black gel pen to add stitching around it. And of course I used some Wink of Stella on the solid heart stamps.

I did this card last night and wasn't sure if it was okay. I had used my black gel pen to add stitching around the edges of the card as well and realised halfway thru that my lines weren't very straight. I decided to sleep on it but it looked just as terrible this morning. So, I made it again.

Will get this linked and then will be off to do some gardening. Don't you just love the weekends!!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the inlaid die cut sentiment label, Shona ... and the 'stitched' border ... perfect with all those sweet hearts! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card ;)
    Thank you so much for joining CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete