Monday 26 May 2014

Casology Challenge # 96

Have just received an email from the girls at Altenew to say my stamps have been shipped and are on their way. One of the sets is all about flowers and can't wait for it to arrive. All of the card challenge blogs seem to be obsessed with flowers at the moment, it certainly makes me think outside the square to take part!
So, at the wonderful CASology Challenge  blog this week, they too are looking for flowers. I spent ages pouring over all of my stamps to see if there was anything I could pass as a flower. I managed to find something but its pretty small...
This couldn't be more CAS if it tried! I found a stamp of a vine that had these tiny flowers and hearts on it. I tried to mask it so I could stamp the flowers in different colours but it wouldn't work. So, instead of stamping the whole of the vine (which was long), I used another piece of spare card to mask off so only a little piece would stamp on my card. Very simple and no where near as amazing as all the other flower cards linked to this challenge but at least I was able to try.

The sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'True Friendship'. The flower stamp is from Fiskars.

Have to come back to this challenge and have a really good look at all of the linked cards. Some people are so amazing with their colouring and stamping skills, I really admire them. Hopefully I can be half as good as them one day!!

Take care
Shona

 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Shona! I love your CAS look and I am calling this card a winner, I love your fabulous clean look. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Shona ... perfectly showcased bold sentiment, beautifully accessorised with those sweet vines ... so deliciously CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, way to go! I love this clean design and the yellow floral branch really frames the sentiment so nicely! So glad you joined us at CASology this week...you definitely know how to make a beautiful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously clean and crisp. I love how you framed the sentiment with those sweet flowers! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete