Sunday 27 July 2014

Colour Me ...! Challenge #30 - Playful

Crazy day at our house today. Max has his friend Bailey over and Phoebe has her two friends Ella and Estella over to hang out. So lots of giggling, laughing and running around happening here today!!

I really wanted to have a go at the Colour Me! Challenge this week as they are not colours that I would normally put together. And actually while I'm typing this I have another idea making its way into my brain...so maybe I will  have two to link this week.

 Now that I've put these colours together, I really like the combo. I cut out strips of each colour in coloured card stock. For the gold glitter I used glitter washi tape stuck to white card stock. I cut a piece of card the same size as the front of my folded card and cut a strip from it. I adhered the coloured strips to the face of the card and then popped up the rest of the white cardstock on foam tape. 

The gold glitter tape and enamel dots are from Papervine. The sentiment is from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa'.

I can hear all the kids hanging around the pantry looking for food so better go and organise some lunch. Hopefully I will have some food left over for the rest of the week!!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. Winner, winner, chicken dinner my sweet friend! I love it, so beautiful and so clean and super stunning. I will be honest, I really struggled with these colors and have plenty to show for it in my recycle bin. Sounds like your house is the party house...so much fun. I loved it when Ashleigh was little and all her friends loved coming to our house to play. Simply fabulous card....enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim...winner hands down! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Shona .. those colour blocks are so striking! Hope there's still food left!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple, very graphic, very clean = very brilliant card, Shona!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful take on the challenge colors. I love the CAS design of your card, it's stunning! Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. All CAS cards that have the WOW factor are perfect, and your card is just that; perfect. I bet we could have a good time comparing our trash bins over this challenge. LOL
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete