Monday 8 September 2014

Colour Me! Challenge #36

When I was a young girl my Mum would try everything to get me to wear yellow. She said it looked lovely on me but I thought I looked like a very round lemon (lots of puppy fat I'm afraid.....)!

Nowdays, I still don't wear it but I have a yellow ink pad that I have fallen in love with (thanks to Mama Elephant!!), so use it whenever I can.
 
Gotta love those lemons!! This picture was calling my name at the Colour Me! challenge this week. I went simple and one-layered:



I have a stamp set that has doily shapes in it and haven't tried them all out yet. I loved the look of this one so stamped it across the card. I stamped the sentiment in the same yellow ink, added yellow enamel dots to the middles of the doily stamps and thats it. Very simple indeed!

The doily stamp is from Couture Creations. The sentiment is from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

As this is a one-layer card, I'm going to link it to the Lawnscaping Challenge # 89 where their theme is:


I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme for Stamptember is 'Stamp it'. This is my third entry.

I have some shelves above my computer that are filled with cards made over the last few weeks. It really is amazing how many I make. Some get used but a lot of them don't. They just sit in a box. I really must find some cause that I could give my cards too for others to use. Its all very nice designing these cards but I feel bad that they don't get used for their purpose. Will see what I can find out.......

Take care
Shona 

8 comments:

  1. I love all the yellow! It's one of my favorite colors. You should look into Operation Write Home. They accept handmade cards and send them to soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. Absolutely stunning, Shona! This is definitely a jaw-dropper!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful one layer! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is CAS perfection in yellow Shona - and the sentiment is so lovely. Thanks for playing along with the monochromatic challenge over at Colour Me...! this week. We hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your yellow, sunny card! I always struggle to use yellow but you have shown me how it is done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with the STAMPtember® Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity of this card! It is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us Lawnscaping gals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunshine on a card, Shona ... simply a delight! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete