Wednesday 8 October 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch # 95

I'm pretty sure that sometimes I get myself so worked up about a card, trying to make my design something different and new, that it can turn into a bit of a chore. When I saw the sketch this week for CAS(E) this Sketch I tried not to overthink it and enjoyed the process so much more.






Looking at the direction of the arrows, triangles immediately came to mind so ran with that straight away:





Maybe this is too simple but I love the triangles in the different shades of pink and the sentiment goes with the funkiness I think. 

I basically just alternated the triangles in the two shades of pink and was quite amazed that when I stamped with the light shade, it hardly covered the dark at all, so it looks like the dark pink ones are on top the whole way. I stamped the sentiment in black with a few enamel dots in shades of pink and voila!

The sentiment and triangles are from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa' and enamel dots from My Minds Eye.

I'm also going to link this to the Mod Squad Challenge where as its Cancer Awareness Month for October, their theme is 'Pink'. Was thinking of this as I chose my triangle colours.

Will also link to the Curtain Call Challenge where their theme is 'Smooch' and I love how the pinks on my card are reflected in the lip picture:


Once again I will link to the WCMD - Winnie and Walter Challenge: Pattern Play with Shay where they are asking for you to create patterns on your cards. This is my third entry.

And will once again also link to Virginia's View Challenge #8 where the theme is 'Clean and Simple'. This is my millionth entry and I'm sure Virginia will be glad when the challenge is closed, so she doesn't have to look at any more of my cards!!!


No extra's overnight tonight. We had a very warm day, so the kids wanted to try out their tyre tubes down the river again. They had so much fun I wished it had been a few degree's warmer as I would have joined in. Have to make the most of this time as I'm sure in a few years they won't want to be seen tubing down the river with their Mum!!!!!

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. It is not too simple Shona. I rather like the triangles the way you did them. The sentiment and enameled dots are perfect. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fabulous CAS card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so fun! And oh happy day I have a stamp just like that one and once again, thank you for the inspiration my sweet friend. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautifully clean and simple....and such an uplifting card! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfectly crisp and clean.... perfect for CTS #95!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So crisp and so CAS, Shona ... such a great take on the sketch! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean design!
    thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! Fantastic take on the sketch and inspiration photo. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool! Love the triangles.

    ReplyDelete