Sunday 5 October 2014

CASology Challenge Week #115 - Chocolate

Its 2.10am Sunday morning and I suppose I should be in bed but have been up making three totally different cards and changing my mind every five minutes!! Probably the tiredness kicking in but really wanted to get this card posted before I put head to pillow....


If you know me, you'll know exactly what I thought of when I saw this 'cue word' at CASology this week. Thats right, Peanut M&M's!! I admit I may be slightly addicted to them (okay, ALOT) but I don't drink, smoke or even drink tea or coffee, so I need some kind of excitement in my life!

Now I don't know if you've ever eaten a Peanut M&M but they aren't the most beautiful in their shape. They come in all sorts of roundy, knobbly shapes, not something I have ANY stamps of, so I knew I couldn't put them on a card. But after playing around the last few days I came up with something very, very close.....


Who would have thought little circles of chocolate would be so hard to put on a card???? This card too forever to make and its not perfect but I love every one of those M&M's and wish I could eat them right off the card!

I stamped the sentiment first (easy part..) and then stamped away with the small circle stamp in the different colours. Unfortunately I don't have an orange or brown ink pad, so didn't leave them out on purpose (just incase they are your favourites!). 

I then stamped five little m's at a time with Versamark ink and heat embossed in white. I did them in small lots because no matter how much I swiped with my anti-static pillow, the powder stuck to every single dot. Thank goodness for a small paint brush!

I then spent a very long time carefully covering every single circle with Glossy Accents to give them the shine and domed look of the real thing. This of course warped the cardstock ALOT (which I knew would happen) but luckily it wasn't too bad by the next morning. Its so bright and colourful, and so me, I love it!

The sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. The circle stamp is from Couture Creations and the 'm' is from Rosies Studio. 

I'm also going to link this to the Curtain Call Challenge where their inspiration is:
 
And will also link to the Virginia's View Challenge #8 where their theme is:

I better link quickly and get to bed or I won't get up tomorrow until lunchtime!! Happy World Card Making Day to everyone who is just starting their Saturday. I really enjoyed my card making tonight and have certainly made some wonderful 'card making' friends around the world with this hobby. Happy crafting!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

13 comments:

  1. Using M&M's are just so perfect and just so amazingly creative for this week's cue card Shona! I absolutely love this card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, this is fantastic!! I love those peanut M&Ms too, and you are making me hungry looking at these! You are so clever! This card is well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see this card was made with love! The time you took thinking about it amd making it shows you really love M&Ms! And the end result is just so much fun and I think you should keep this one for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius, Shona ... your idea came to fruition so beautifully ... and was so worth all the hard work and effort! It's brilliant ... fun, fabulous, fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE!!!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally worth all the effort and patience, Shona. It looks amazing! You are a CAS Master! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love this happy card, Shona! GREAT job on the stamping these M & Ms! I can almost taste it....they are GREAT with Glossy Accent, for some odd reasons :)
    Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! Great idea! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun and clever card, love the CAS design too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! So fun!! Thanks for linking up to the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again! Had to congratulate you for your HM at CASology this week! SO deserved!! Just love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete