Sunday 19 April 2015

The Challenge # 30

I seem to be jumping out of my card making comfort-zone of late and loving it. So when I saw the colour combo for The Challenge I knew I had to give it a go.


I love grey, light blue/turquoise and red but would never think to put them together. However, after making this card I will be doing it again:


I can't remember the last time I created my own background but for some reason I thought that these stamps would work perfectly with the colours. I didn't plan the design, just sat there and alternated the colours and stamp sizes and luckily it worked out great! I die-cut a circle from white CS, stamped the sentiment in black and popped up on foam tape. And of course I had to throw on a few enamel dots (although I realised I don't have any in red....the horror!!)

The background stamps are from Stamplorations 'Retro Mod Shapes', the sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Cyber Cafe' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Make your own Background'.

Will also link to the Stamplorations 'Anything Goes' Challenge. This is an ongoing challenge for the use of Stamploration stamps or digi stamps.

I enjoyed this challenge so much, I have another card to post. Will do that now as I need to go to bed as early as I can tonight. The kids are back to school tomorrow and we have been getting up late every day of the holidays. Its so much colder in the mornings too, so will be a real struggle at 6.30am. I'll probably end up by not sleeping at all!!

Take care
Shona
 



 

10 comments:

  1. Shona!!! LOve this background you've created! What the?... wait! NO red? Who is it that colors white ones with Copics? Leave it to the paint-chip Queen to come-up with an alternative, right? Wonderful card... thanks for playing cards with The Challenge this week! =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing my no reply blogger thingie.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Shona! fabulous design...luv this! so glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to stop by and say how AWESOME this card is. I just love the bold retro background! Love the color combo as well. You have nailed all your challenges with this one card!! I see some winner badges in your future!! Great job and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cool retro feel for this card, SO VERY creative!!!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!! -----again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing the others, Shona: awesome retro ravishing! Your 'stepping outside your comfort zone' seems to be your new style...and alllll your results are amazing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, retro, groovy, Shona ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh- Anita just said what i wanted to say - so cool and retro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this, and had to tell you how perfect it is. I bought this little set because I loved the elements, and now I know exactly what I should have done with it. Pinning and CASing, OK?

    ReplyDelete