Thursday 16 July 2015

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 35

A quick post today to remind you about our current TIME OUT challenge. Our theme is:

                           Nature: with the optional twist of Animals
                                    (including bugs/butterflies)

There have already been some incredible entries and its going to be ever so hard to choose a winner for this one!!

I decided to use my water colour pencils again but this time actually use them with water. I've tried it before ages ago but didn't like the effect but experimented a bit more this time and I really like how it turned out:


I stamped all the flowers and butterflies on water colour paper with Versafine black ink. I then coloured with the pencils along the outer edges and used the water on a fine brush to bring the colour into the centre. It worked a lot better than colouring the whole flower and then moving the colour about (as I had done previously). I saw a video by Kristina Werner recently where she used this technique, so once again she has helped me ALOT!!

After drying everything with my heat gun, I fussy cut them all out and arranged on the card front. Everything was adhered to the card with double-sided tape except the large flower, which was popped up on foam tape. I also curled back the butterfly wings slightly so they were more three-dimensional (and added some Wink of Stella). The sentiment was stamped in black and I didn't think any sequins were needed. Love this card so much!

The sentiment stamp is from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa' and all the other stamps are from Close to my Heart 'Card Word Puzzle - Occasions'.

You have one more week to link your entries to TIME OUT and the rest of the DT and our Guest Designer Barb have some more gorgeous projects on the blog to inspire you. Hope I see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Shona... I love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Shona! So soft and pretty and beautifully coloured :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are looking beautiful! You really did a perfect job watercoulering! Love the delicate look you made! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Shona ... those fluttery butterflies around the dimensional blooms are gorgeous ... such fabulous colouring! Sooo pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, your flowers and butterflies are stunning! Water-colour perfection...in love!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete