Tuesday 8 September 2015

A Special 'Baby' post for Shery

We have a special post for you today on the TIME OUT  blog. Our 'Time Out' team-mate Shery recently had a baby girl 'Catherine' and we wanted to celebrate this huge occasion!

All of us on the Design Team made cards for Shery that we wanted to share with you all (and Shery) as they make their way to her from around the world. We are so happy for her and her family and can't wait to see photos of their little bundle.

I'll be honest, for some reason I've always become mentally blocked when making baby cards. Maybe I never had the right stamps/dies etc. But when I knew Shery's baby had made her arrival, I knew exactly what I wanted to create:


These little monkeys (from Waffle Flower 'Willy and Friends') couldn't be any cuter and when I found out Shery had a little girl, I knew I could dress one up to be a 'pretty, cheeky' monkey!

After stamping the monkey image in black (as well as the skirt and flower) on some white CS, I used my Zig Real Colour markers to colour her in, using a  wet brush to soften the colours. I only have one brown Zig marker, so I coloured the whole monkey using the marker to shade and the wet brush to draw out the colour. After it had dried, I went over the outer area again to get a darker brown. It was actually Phoebe's idea to do a second coat 'Thats what I did for my monkey's' she told me and her's looked amazing!!

After die-cutting the flower, skirt and monkey, I glued the pieces together and popped it up on some foam tape. I then stamped the sentiment (also from Waffle Flower 'Congrats') in two tones of pink and glued on a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I really hope Shery and her family like this card and that it doesn't take too long to get to them from New Zealand!!

I'm going to enter this card in the Happy Little Stampers - September CAS challenge where their theme is:


And will also enter in the Simply Create Too Challenge # 93 where their theme is 'A Special Occasion'. Having a baby definitely counts as a HUGE occasion!!

Please pop over to the TIME OUT blog to see the other gorgeous baby cards the rest of the DT have created. And thank you Sandie for organising this post for us, you rock!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

18 comments:

  1. This is the cutest little monkey and a perfect new baby card, Shona! Great colouring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable and perfect for a baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, this is adorable! Love how you added the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Cutie patootie, great baby card and awesome colouring Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable, Shona ... your colouring with those Ziggies is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness....so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on Instagram and snorted coffee up through my nose. Made me giggle because it's the cutest, most precious baby girl monkey I've ever seen. Love the way you dressed and embellished her. Fantastic baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of dressing up the monkey, adorable baby card and love all the white space x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously cute card Shona! I love that little monkey and I am sure that Shery will too - she is just perfect! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Shona!! Great job with the colouring. I also add two or three layers of colour to do my shading. :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is such a sweet image! And so great CAS-card! Think Shery will like this one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still not sleep it is 00:54 want to tell you this monkey image is so so cute
    you can make many cards with this
    clever Shona as always
    and Shery will love this
    do you send it to to her addy..
    lovely CAS cute card
    now I closed my laptop and go sleep
    you are my last post to comment today hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally adorable! I love the tutu and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too darn cute....love your sweet little monkey, tutu and all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tee hee! This makes me want to shake my moneymaker tho at this stage in life is be happy with some loose change. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet that your daughter gave you crafting advice; and what a smart gal she is! Your little tutu-clad monkey is a gem! Guaranteed that Shery and David will adore ths, as do I!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete