Wednesday 16 September 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 162

Another Wednesday means another new challenge at Addicted to Stamps  and this week the theme is another favourite:


                                                   MAKE YOUR MARK


This means you get a chance to whip out those Copics, pencils, water colours etc and go to town. You can create whatever you like as long as you have coloured something on your project. How fun is that??!!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is QKR Stampede and they are giving 3 free digis to our winner this week. Yippee!!



I've been very inspired by Geometric designs lately as there are a few challenges at the moment with this theme. So out came one of my favourite geometric stamps and my daughters felt pens:


I don't own any Copic Markers (they are a bit out of my budget.....) unfortunately but I had purchased a pack of cheap felt pens for Phoebe recently, so thought I would try them out.

I stamped the bear (which I haven't used before) from Altenew 'Geometric Menagerie' in black ink randomly on white CS. I cut out a panel slightly smaller than my card front and adhered it. I then stamped another bear on white CS, fussy cut him out and used four different shades of blue to colour him in. I then popped him up over one of the images with some foam tape. The sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Faceted') was heat embossed in white on black CS and also put on foam tape. Simple, clean, modern....yay!

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Use a Stamp and Blog Hop)

Virginia's View Challenge # 18 


Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5 



You have one week to enter your projects to the Addicted to Stamps challenge. And of course the rest of the talented Design Team have some amazing cards to inspire you on the blog. I hope you get a chance to join in and look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
  

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the geometric bear. Congrats on winning Sparkle and Shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool design, Shona! I love how you stamped the bear in different directions and your coloring turned out great! I also love how your black and white sentiment grounds the design! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pop of color against the black and white background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Shona! It's so cute and so striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun card and love the design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is so cool!! Love how you've repeated the image for the background and your coloring is awesome in the blue tones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is so cool!! Love how you've repeated the image for the background and your coloring is awesome in the blue tones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Love the geometric designs on the image, and your coloring is great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say Phoebe's markers have definitely made their mark, Shona!!! Really gorgeous! Somehow I think I would use this stamp set, and then I see something like this and want it!!! Perfect for Virginia's challenge!!! and all the others, too...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona....what an over the top amazing card! I love your lone blue polar bear, just stunning and so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, Shona! Phoebe's markers work marvelously - no need for copics when you have exactly what you need on hand! Love your origami bears!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shona, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Such an amazing design. Creative regards from your ATSM Team-mate stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just fantastic, Shona! That solo blue hued bear stands out so beautifully against the outline stamping ... Phoebe's felt pens did the trick brilliantly ... no need for Copics (I don't have any either)! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you chose that deep, vibrant color to enhance your bear. He POPs right of the clean white card. fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I told you
    you love geometric stamp and shape
    and this is so fabulous Shona
    yes I bought copic one by one or two this month next moth 3 pieces
    cause it is expensive
    but if you like to ask in Indonesia it is not so expensive
    just search friend in Facebook that making cards too sweety and ask them to maybe order for you?just an idea
    lovely using the color pen from your daughter
    clever Shona
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! This image is great and I love the colours you've used to pick out the one bear. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple yet so effective, Shona! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Geometric Patterns” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete