Wednesday 30 September 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 164

Another week has whizzed around to Wednesday, which means it's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps.  This week we have one of my favourite theme's:

                                                   CLEAN AND SIMPLE

We are looking for minimal layers and embellishments, maybe even one-layer designs. Its a chance for you to put away those enamel dots and paper pads etc and see what you can come up with.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Sweet Pea Stamps and they are offering 4 digi's to this weeks winner!!


When I was creating my card this week I really took the 'Clean and Simple' idea to heart and may have gone a little 'too' simple but I wanted to try using my pencils again to see if I've gotten any better with my colouring skills:



I'm still not so sure about this one but I must say that my shading is gradually getting a bit better.....

I love this 'little monster in the rubbish bin' image from Create a Smile 'Bad Day'. I stamped it in grey ink and used a grey pencil to colour in the bin. The monster reminds me of Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street, so I used some green pencils to colour him in. I even added a little shadow under the bin which is something I wouldn't have attempted before. The sentiment (from the same set) was also stamped in grey ink. And not one enamel dot or sequin seemed right, so I left it as is.

I asked my husband what he thought of this (as he's very good at telling me when something doesn't look good) and he really liked it. So yes, I have ALOT more to learn about colouring but its good to know that some of the videos I've seen have rubbed off on me.... a little......

You have one week to link your cards to the Addicted to Stamps challenge. I really hope you give this challenge a go and can't wait to see what you come up with. The rest of the Design Team have some projects on the blog if you need any help with ideas. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 


   

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring with your pencils, Shona! I love your CAS design and this fabulous sentiment! Thanks for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CAS! And that colouring looks fine as I can see! Fun image and sentiment! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your colouring is excellent. And adding the shading was brave but worked out perfectly. Plus you can never be too CAS for me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cute little monster and I adore your CAS design - I am always so afraid of white space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This card is very CAS and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not too simple at all! Just perfect in fact. Love this little monster - he's adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you have that little monster stamp too
    and I have I bought too and never used it (I am dumb)
    I will try to take it out from my drawer and maybe make a halloween card
    thanks for the Idea Shona
    miss your visit
    I hope you have a bit time to visit my Coffee card sweety
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha, so funny - that's how I felt when my eye trouble started..... I am better now, but still have vision problems - they may never go away... the joys of aging.....Thank you so much for your wonderful card and well wishes. I so much appreciate that you were thinking about me. Besides its so cool to have one of your originals :))) I am glad i can now use the computer again and look at all those gorgeous card out there and make my own again. i missed that terribly. Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first, I thought he was Oscar! You are so the Queen of CAS. WOW was fantastic - I can see why people go back repeatedly. It was a Cirque de Soleil experience in terms of the production and design. And a weekend in Wellington and seeing the kids was pretty good too! Hope your weather continues perfect for the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No such thing as too CAS! I absolutely love this too, and your colouring looks fab!! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha ... so fun and funny, Shona ... fab shading ... deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you showcased 'clean and simple' in a fashion that truly is clean, simple and AWESOME! Your little monster makes me smile and your colouring: talk about fantastic! Your husband has a good eye and, as you can see, plenty of us agree with his assessment! You and your pencils: marvelous match!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete