Friday 4 September 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 278

My goodness, its Friday again!! Yay the weekend and yay, its time for a new Just Add Ink challenge.


This is the amazing inspiration photo for this weeks challenge. Gives us all on this side of the world a taste of whats to come, now Spring has arrived. I know I can't wait for my garden to bloom and to smell the roses. I knew exactly what stamp set I wanted to use for my card this week, which turned into a floral 'one-layer' number:



I started off by cutting a piece of water colour paper to fit my card base and also stamping the flower on to some white CS and fussy cutting, so I had a mask. I stamped the middle flower with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, put the mask over it and stamped the top one in Picked Raspberry and the other in Spiced Marmalade. Then the fun began....

This is one of my favourite ways to water colour. I just use a brush and water and pull the colour from the stamped edges. Once the flowers were finished, I needed to do the leaves but I don't have a nice green Distress Ink. So......I grabbed one of my green Zig Real Brush markers and drew it on the stamp. Once the mask was in place, I stamped away on both sides. I then coloured the leaves the same way, with a wet brush. It worked really well!!

I wanted to keep this one layer (as its going overseas) so I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed in gold. I think gold looks so nice with water colouring.

The flower and leaf stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'In Bloom: Addies Garden' and the sentiments (also W&W) from the set 'The Big, the Bold and Friends'.

I have five challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Make it Colourful)

Winnie and Walter - Join in to Win

Uniko Studio Challenge # 24

Inkspirational Challenge # 90





Happy Little Stampers - September CAS Challenge


You have until next Wednesday 9th September to link your entries to the Just Add Ink challenge. And if you ever need help with inspiration, the rest of the Design Team have some amazing projects on the blog. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!!!

Take care
Shona

 

22 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful Shona...love your sweet trio of fabulous posies. Just about the sweetest way to sending hugs through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love watercoulors and these flowers look great! Fun colours and colouring! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Shona, you've created a beautiful cas look with gorgeous detail, the gold is the perfect addition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Shona, you've created a beautiful cas look with gorgeous detail, the gold is the perfect addition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Shona, you've created a beautiful cas look with gorgeous detail, the gold is the perfect addition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous one layer card Shona - the colours are so vibrant yet soft! The gold embossed sentiment is a fabulous way to add a bit of subtle shine. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how you water colored these flowers, Shona! The color combo is so pretty, and your sentiment is perfect! I'm going to try your technique...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful one layer card Shona! I love your water colouring of the blooms - gorgeous colours and your gold greeting is a fantastic addition of sparkle too xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those beautiful flowers sing spring and summer, Shona!!! Wonderfully done with the DI and the markers!!! Love the gold sentiment!!! What a lovely one layer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Shona, a beautifully watercoloured flowers wigh such pretty colours and a super gold sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy you, to be this talented must be an awful burden. Having people tell you how terrific you are and what gorgeous cards you make. And this is another one. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Shona. Love you masked and watercoloured flowers. Gorgeous one layer card! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fabulous, delicate watercolouring, Shona ... these blooms are so pretty ... and yep, the gold embossed sentiment is just delicious with them! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colour choices on this card Shona - great layout too.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Great one layer design and those flowers are fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Shona! That big vibrant flowers really pop against the white background and I love the gold embossed sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your floral one layer number! Gorgeous colours, beautiful big blooms and still a nice amount of white space. Awesome way to get your green leaves too...

    Yay for Spring, can't wait until my garden is in bloom - it's coming along slowly lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your beautiful flowers look look fabulous against the white b/ground. Lovely design, CAS and still very colourful. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Someone on 'this' side of the ocean will be beaming brightly when your gorgeous blooms make their arrival! I agree: the watercolouring and gold are a stunning match. Jaw-dropped awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Shona .... beautiful colours. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete