Sunday 13 September 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - Wk 1 'Anything Goes'

I'm popping in with a quick post this morning. Its 9.40am Sunday morning and I'm still in my pjs. Gotta love the weekend!!


Its 'Anything Goes' for this weeks Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge, so its always a good chance to play around with your Paper Smooches stash.

I've seen a lot of people making cards recently where the water colouring isn't perfect. I'm not sure what the technique is called but I love how its uncontrolled and sploshy. So I thought I would give it a try:



Hmmm...I definitely need to try this out again. I found it so hard to 'let go' and not colour perfectly. As my husband said, I'm way to 'anal' to do anything like this!!  So this probably looks more like a 5yr old painted it. Oh well, I think it looks kind of pretty....

I stamped the Paper Smooches set 'Daisies and Paisleys' (which I recently purchased second-hand) onto my card base, just randomly. After the ink dried I used my Distress Inks and water to very lightly colour each image. I really wanted this to have a white background so I didn't use water colour paper (mine is a bit off-white), so I had to be careful not to use too much water. Once it was finished, I die-cut a circle (from Couture Creations) and heat embossed the sentiment from Paper Smooches 'Uplifters' and popped it up on foam tape. Finished!!

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Use a Stamp and Blog Hop)

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Stamp and Punch/Die)

Darnells NBUS Challenge # 5 

 
The kids and I are a bit tired today as we stayed up late last night to watch 'Jaw's. Max especially couldn't wait to see the 'fake' shark and he loved it. Phoebe really liked it too but was a little freaked out by the screaming. The movie is so old and the special effects so rubbery but its still brilliant. Yes, the kids (even though they are 8yrs and 10yrs) love anything scary like their Mum but this is the scariest they have seen yet. Wonder if they will want to go to the pool today......????? 

Take care
Shona




 


12 comments:

  1. Great card Shona. Besides practice makes perfect and you did a great job with this one.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really lovely, and it definitely doesn't look like a 5 year old painted it! What Distress colours did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great, a real arty feel and the colours are gorgeous. My first impression was Wow, when I looked at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Shona ... the loose watercolouring looks fabulous from over here ... gorgeous gold embossed sentiment too! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Shona! Great job watercoloring! I like the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing memories of time spent with your children. I just got back from visiting my youngest, who is 29 and living in Los Angeles, clear across the Country from me.. I rarely get to see him anymore because of the distance. Cherish your time with your kids NOW because they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Beautiful! Love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS. /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it Shona. Such a fun background. Hope there are no worries going to the pool! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your secrets! I'm always looking for colour inspiration and those colours look fantastic together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! one of my fave techniques is to create a background like that, but it is harder than it looks to pull off well. Yours is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your random coloured flowers are marvelous, Shona! I've been wanting to try that technique, but it's still sitting on my 'waiting' list....again, you've sparked incentive! I'd call this one snazzy card! We watched Jaws recently and I agree - an oldie but a goodie! It has just enough 'scare' for me, though...and nope, I wouldn't be going anywhere near a pool after watching it *grin*
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great card! the background is awesome :) i love the sentiment too!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colour combo and all over pattern! What a terrific sentiment!

    ReplyDelete