Sunday 13 September 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - Wk 1 - Take 2

My lack of mojo in the last few weeks has now been replaced with ideas coming out of my ears and not enough time to create them all!! So this is how I ended up with a second entry to the Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge this week!



For my card I was really inspired by the amazing Mayuri who's blog is Candles in the Garden. If you haven't seen her cards yet I REALLY recommend you pop over to her blog, her designs are spectacular!! She made this card for one of the latest My Favourite Things releases and I couldn't get the design out of my head. This is how I was inspired:



This was so much fun to make and the possibilities are endless for what dies you could do this with!!

I rummaged thru my paint chip box to find some blues that would work as an ombre and die-cut the umbrella (from Paper Smooches). I attached the handle to the back of each one and then adhered them all to the card front, overlapping as I went. I cut off the over-hang, heat embossed the sentiment in white (from Paper Smooches 'Uplifters') and popped up on foam tape. I also added a few co-ordinating sequins from Avery Elle. I love how it turned out!

I have two other challenges to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Use a Stamp and Blog Hop)

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Use a Stamp and Punch/Die)

Its such a gorgeous day I'm off to take Phoebe and her friend Ella to the park. Max has gone to the skatepark with his friend Zac and to the swimming pool, so everyone will be very tired tonight. Its a Teachers Only Day tomorrow so Ella is staying the night. Have no idea what we will get up to, fingers crossed it doesn't rain like its supposed too!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the gradient of blue umbrellas stretched across your card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous CASE of Mayuri's card, Shona ... those ombré blue brollies are brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to layer the images like that! I LOVE your CASE! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design! I love the beautiful umbrellas. Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUst fantastic!!! I just picked up a few shades of blue, too, Shona!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What does that give a great effect just repeating! Love the design and all the blue-shades! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ombre umbrellas are sheer delights, Shona! Iin my world, you'd be on the PS DT in a nanosecond! You work magic with Kim's stamps and dies! Hope you're doing well...and I'm excited to see what the 'mojo overload' will be tantalizing us with next! Remember: you are amazing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ombre of umbrella is very cool! Thanks for linking at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Cheers!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....now talk about fun and clever, just love your sweet ombre umbrellas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page [https://www.facebook.com/PaperSmooches] as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the September Anything Goes (wk1) challenge--- congrats! 

    What a fun design- super clever;)

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete