Thursday 24 September 2015

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 40

I'm just popping in to give you a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT challenge. We have a beautiful card by Tracey for you to CASE. Her blog is In My Creative Opinion and I really encourage you to visit!!


I love this card so much and I could look at it all day!! Its so subtle and I really like the pastel colours. I'm afraid I couldn't stay away from vellum and white heat embossing but tried something different with the colouring:


I started this by stamping and heat embossing these flowers (from Hero Arts) in white on vellum. I then wanted to see if I could use my mini blending tool and some Distress Inks to colour the back of the vellum....and it worked! So after colouring them all, I carefully fussy cut them out and adhered them using double-sided tape. I stamped the sentiment in black (also from Hero Arts 'Let Love Grow') and added a few co-ordinating sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 

I have two challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Use a Stamp)

Happy Little Stampers - September CAS Challenge


You have until next Wednesday to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your still needing some help with inspiration, please visit the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Stempelfrida have created for you. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona



 

15 comments:

  1. A subtle wonder Shona, just gorgeous. I haven't tried this sponging technique but it really does look good and love the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, Shona ... the soft colouring on those lovely vellum blooms is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This is absolutely gorgeous. You were able to get such wonderful color onto the back of that vellum. You must be magic, because I tried the same technique, and got nothing...nada...no color. Perhaps I should try again--your card is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza. This is fabulously lovely. Great embossing over sugary soft color. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona....this is simply gorgeous!!!!! Just love your take for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love your take on Tracey's card. Beautiful design and just the perfect finishing touches with the sequins. Amazing!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are gorgeous, Shona! I love how you colored the vellum with pastel inks, and your sequins are really sweet! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamping/embossing! And great to give the flowers some colour by sponging them! (is an easy way that I have to remember!) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft, dreamy look of coloring on vellum! Both of these are gorgeous, Shona! Thanks for sharing them with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful way to get the color behind those flowers! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This looks amazing! Never feel bad for using vellum and embossing because clearly you are a GENIUS at it! I really love how you layered up the flowers, but you kept the colors so soft and elegant. It has depth, it has heart, and it has a little bit of whimsy. It's a really clever interpretation of the sketch and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this card - those flowers are incredible - the inking is perfect - the sequins are the perfect finishing touch - and that greeting is FABULOUS! Love it! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love your take on the inspirational card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers this time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Shona *waving wildly* I'm here to catch up on your gallery of gorgeous, starting with this little number that is ooh, la, la fabulous! Soft and classy...swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete