Thursday 10 September 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 13

Spring and Winter have been fighting it out this week. Yesterday it was shorts and t-shirt weather but today was thermals and raincoats. No wonder my children seem to be constantly sick. This is only the second week this term (8 weeks so far, two to go) that no one has been home sick. Fingers crossed we will get thru the next two but I'm not holding my breath....


Tags are the inspiration for this weeks Sparkle and Shine challenge. Tags aren't something I make very often and I haven't used a tag on one of my cards for ages, so thought it was about time I got out my tag die and put it to use:



I received some gorgeous WPlus9 stamp sets a few weeks ago for my birthday and have been fiddling around with them but as I mentioned in my last post, I had completely lost my mojo. So today was all about creating and trying some of the ideas that have been stuck in my head.

I die-cut the tag from white CS and put a piece of patterned paper behind it. After stamping, die-cutting and colouring the critters, I positioned them in the windows. These are great because the die cuts their arm separately so they hang over things. So cute!

I popped up the tag on some foam tape, as well as the sentiment on some white CS as well. I actually managed to make a decent bow with grey and white twine and glued that along with a scattering of sequins. 

The critters and sentiment are from WPlus9 'Going Places'. The patterned paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Serendipity'. The sequins and tag die are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Use a Stamp and Blog Hop)

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Use a Stamp/Die or Punch)

NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge 



I feel so much better after making a few cards today and hopefully my 'lack of mojo' funk will now pass. I have another card design in my head that hopefully I can tackle tomorrow. Lets hope it keeps on raining.......

Take care
Shona

18 comments:

  1. Cute , creative and beautiful in one take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work!!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh dear your tag DIE´s is cuute and the cat the bunny and the teddy so so cuutee on the tag window
    you are so clever Shona
    and even you still managed it to make it CAS
    Shona thanks for your inspiration at TO challenge with sponging stripes paper in blue
    your cards always beautiful
    will catch up soon no time for me self Shona much to do after vacation
    washing clothes ironing cooking for kids cause they still have school holiday till 14 sept
    and must making card for DT member
    less time in front of computer but for you to know I always remember you my friend
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, Shona! I don't make many tag cards either - but I especially love yours with the little party banners strung behind the windows!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....this is as cute as can be! I love all your sweet critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here to say, your mojo has most definitely returned. So adorable. Made me smile hugely. So glad these little critters fit in PPP's dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very cute and pretty at the same time! I love the little banners behind the window and the critters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such adorable critters! Such fun details on your card with the little banners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love those critters waving at you and the banners are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona, this is adorable! Those little critters are precious! The sentiment and sequins are perfect! So happy you joined us at Sparkle and Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the CUTEST! I adore all of those crittersin the window. Love them! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just as CUTE as can be! What a sweet card - love this fun scene! Thanks so much for playing along at Sparkle and Shine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable, Shona ... those little critters are just so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all those little cuties hanging out the windows on your tag. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tee hee! Your mojo funk appears to be rapidly vaporizing (as well it should) because your little critters and tag combo is a real gem! You must have been smiling from ear to ear as you created this, because I sure am in having the pleasure to view it! Sweetness ++++
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! How adorable!! Such a sweet card!! Love this! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Such cute creatures in adorable poses at the window pane! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete