Monday 21 September 2015

The Card Concept Challenge # 39

So many amazing and inspiring challenges around at the moment. I wish I had the time (and the brain power) to enter them all!!!


I just couldn't resist The Card Concept inspiration photo. Those happy daisies sitting in 'my favourite colour blue' box had me itching to create something. And I knew exactly which dies to use too:


I just love these flower dies and could picture them in my mind in yellow and white. I die-cut them from white CS and then just the flower heads from a yellow paint chip.  I also die-cut the leaves from a green paint chip as well. I put the flowers together (with their different colours) by using small pieces of washi tape behind the pieces to keep them in place. I adhered them in place on the card front.

For the box I die cut the round-cornered square from a light blue paint chip and popped it up on foam tape over the flowers. I then simply stamped the sentiment in black on some white CS and glued it to the box. A sprinkle of yellow and clear sequins added some sparkle!! I'd say I went for the 'Clean and Layered' look.

The flower dies are from Paper Smooches 'Dainty Flowers' and the square die is from CAS-ual Fridays 'Funky Square Fri Dies'. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp 'Handwritten Sentiments'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Love this Technique' and I'm always loving die-cutting!!

And will also enter the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Die Crazy', which I think I am at the moment.....

I'm off now to make a few cards and catch up with the latest episode of 'Fear the Walking Dead'. Goodie!!

I must share this with you. My son Max is 8yrs old and one of those kids that everyone likes and is good at anything he tries. He's also quite mature for his age. On the wall of the classroom today I saw these posters that the kids had done about themselves. They had to answer questions like 'Favourite food', 'who's in their family' etc. All of their answers were typical for their age. Max's one was quite different. He wondered if ghosts were real or not? Wanted Tip Top to bring back his favourite 'rainbow' ice-cream flavour. Wanted to visit New York City and wanted to know more about Algebra. How many 8yr olds are fascinated with Algebra??? Oh how I love that kid!!

Take care
Shona

16 comments:

  1. I love when you get time to play... because I get to feast my eyes!
    LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, adore Max's questions...think you have a thinker there! And love how you used these dies. Such a fresh card and as always so very creative. Excited to see you at The Card Concpet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shona! This is incredible, such a striking take on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and I love how you up-cycled the paint chips!! It sounds like you have an amazing son- thanks for sharing that cute story:-) We are so thrilled that you played along with us at The Card Concept- hugs and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfectly happy CAS card and great use of those paint chips! Loved the story about your son. Aren't kids amazing! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design for this card! The inlays are fantastic. Max sounds a real character! It's exactly the sort of thing my son would have said at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, sunny card...daisies are my favorite flowers after daffodils...yes, yellow is my favorite color. Your son is quite the renaissance young man. Unique in his desires and aspirations. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that kid, too, Shona!!! Oh! your card is really darned cute, too!!! I never think I need that P.S. die until I see you use it!! LOve to hear you're still using my favorite FREE craft supply ...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! That die you used is one of my favorites too! Love this bright color and this fresh, happy feel! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Max, with his inquisitive, curious mind, especially about algebra, has planted a smile all over my face! I adore him, too! Your daisies: fresh and fabulous! Your create magic with those dies...love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. So neat, clean card.... Love the usage of die...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love that you used paint chips...fabulous idea! Your son sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet and so pretty, Shona! Max sounds as though he has a bright future!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little square is the perfect vase. I am ashamed to not have used these sweet flower dies that I do own yet....

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally darlin card! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete