Thursday 17 September 2015

Time Out Challenge #40

Welcome everybody to a new challenge at TIME OUT. Boy oh boy did we have a lot of entries to our last challenge (Make your Mark), I think it was our most ever, so thank you all so much!! The Gallery looked so beautiful and its going to be so hard to choose our favourites!

We have an incredibly beautiful card for you to CASE this week:


This card was created by the spectacular Tracey McNeely from In My Creative Opinion. I've been a huge fan of her designs for quite a while now and she is the sweetest person to boot! So its very fabulous to be CASEing one of her gorgeous creations!!

We also have a Guest Designer joining us, Stempelfrida. She has the most amazing style and can design for any occasion. Its so lovely having her with us!!

I totally fell in love with Tracey's card and it took me a while to work out a similar design:


I started off by heat embossing a large flower twice (in white) on vellum. The flower seems to have different petal layers, so I fussy cut one in full and the other I cut a smaller layer. I used some double-sided tape to hold them together. I die-cut a circle from white CS and had some fun with Distress Inks. This is the part where I realised I needed one of those finger daubers. Instead, I used the mini-blending foams for each colour and folded them into a point(ish) to control the colour. 

I did a small circle of blue in the middle (hard to see), then a ring of pink round the outside, then orange and finally green. I popped the circle up on foam tape on the card front and used more double-sided tape to adhere the flower. The sentiment was stamped in black and of course I had to add some sequins!!

The flower is from Hero Arts 'Stencil Flower', the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp 'Flower Friend'. 

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Use a Favourite Technique'. I love the magic of heat embossing, could do it all day!!!!

You have two weeks to link your creations to the TIME OUT challenge. And of course the rest of the fabulous Design Team have some inspiring projects for you on the blog. Can't wait to see your cards in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
 

13 comments:

  1. This is so elegant. I love the idea of cutting the circles behind the vellum..may have to use that for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sponging behind the flowers look very beautiful and subtle. Great work, beautiful card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the colours in cirkels; makes it a different card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vellum flowers, with their radiating circles of colour in the background, are simply stunning, Shona! An outstanding take on Tracey's cards...so sophisticated! In love...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vellum flower is gorgeous. Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card, Shona! I love the pastel colors you chose, and how beautiful they look behind the vellum flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I love your layered vellum flower, and your ink blending is gorgeous. Very fun sentiment as well, and I like how your bling really draws the eye across the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! This is gorgeous, Shona ... those sponged colours are just so delicious behind the layered vellum bloom ... yep, amazing! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Similar design
    adorable
    and love the card you made interpretation from Tracey card
    love that shoft colors behind the main image
    really soft colors card
    Shona do you sell your cards..cause every day you made or do you send it out dear
    I sometimes send sometimes I made only a birthday card for DT then I have much in my stock hehe
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the blended ink circle - amazing job getting all those colours using a scrunched up blending foam (I don't have those finger daubers either and would not have been able to do this for sure!). Love it! Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, your interpretation of my card is beyond gorgeous--Wow! I love the concentric pattern of your sponging and that is one of my fav SSS sentiments. Thank you for letting me join the crew this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love those embossed vellum flowers and the sponging is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete