Friday 18 September 2015

Virginia's View Challenge # 18 (Take 2)

This will be my last entry for the Virginia's View challenge...I think....see what happens this evening, if I don't end up in bed...


Last week I received my first ever Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, which I was very lucky to have won (Thanks Sarah!!). It has the most gorgeous papers in it from Pinkfresh Studio and a lot of them have beautiful geometric patterns. So I had to find a way to show them off:


I realised that I hadn't used this 'hi' die from Winnie and Walter for ages, so it was time to dust it off and take it for a spin!

I cut a panel of white CS the same size at the card front and die-cut the word from the middle. The patterned paper was adhered to the card front and I stamped the sentiment (also Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and Friends') under the die-cut. Lots of foam tape was added to the back of the panel and after it was pressed into place, I sprinkled on some sequins (the peach and gold from Neat and Tangled, and pink from Pretty Pink Posh). I think the die shows off the paper just nicely!!

I have three other challenges to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Love the Technique - Die cutting)

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Die Crazy)

Winnie and Walter - Join in to win 

I'm off to pack up the car with my gardening tools and drive off into the sun. So exciting to see all the plants coming up, especially the peonies. I don't have any in my garden, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy these ones before the house sells (goes up for Auction next month). I will really miss this garden, have put so much time into it, its like my baby. I hope whoever buys it loves it as much as I do!!

Take care
Shona
 

12 comments:

  1. LOVE this so much! Way to use your new goodies! Congrats on the FB page feature!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Geometric Patterns” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Djee, you have been bussy! To me it looks like you did 4 cards on one thursday and that is a lot!! Love this one the best; I like the way the vibrant colours peek through the diecut! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to showcase this fabulous paper through this big die! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this, Shona!!! Hoping to see you use a bit more DP soon, if you get my drift? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous card Shona...just love it and it is so much fun! I have to tell you that the concert Ashleigh and I went to was amazing. We love the Foo Fighters and this was our 5th seeing them and looking forward to the next one! Nice to have another Foo Fan for a sweet friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this and "plop" right on the floor. Briliant use of patterned paper. That great, big HI says it all and you really made this card a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh woooowww
    you really show off that lovely paper Shona
    you really great at using DIES too
    I dont have big sentiment DIES and you show me how HI can be a vocus of a card
    thanks for sharing sweety
    I miss your encouraogement
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome DP, Shona ... looks fantastic behind that gorgeous W&W 'Hi' ... just the right sprinkling of sequins too! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fun to use some of your older supplies, isn't it? I always feel like I'm visiting an old friend. :)
    You've created a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! So very very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...you have showcased this lovely paper in a most stunning fashion! Gorgeous! And I'm wildly applauding that you won this kit; I've not bought a Simon Says kit...yet. After seeing your paper here, that alone might convince me to take the plunge (penny-saving for now, though!). I'd love to see photos of the garden. *hint, hint*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete