Friday 18 September 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #18

Boy its been a busy week!! We are getting to the end of the school term and there are so many things happening at school. Also the house where I garden is up for sale and having an Auction next month so I'm trying to get that up to date (the garden is HUGE) as well as my other gardens. I've been so exhausted from all that, I've been going to bed early, so not much commenting etc been going on lately. So sorry for that and plan to catch up over the weekend.

So, with all that going on I have two cards that have been sitting on my desk all week, waiting to be posted. I'm going gardening in an hour but thought I better get these sorted before I do anything else!!!


I've really loved this Geometric challenge at Virginia's View and wish it was a theme more often in other challenges. Must have a look around blogland to see if I can find any.....

I've been wanting to play with this circle die for months, so sat down finally and came up with a design straight away....yay:


This die set (from Paper Smooches) is a set of three overlapping circles. I cut it twice from black CS and simply overlapped the two of the circles, to form this pattern. I glued them together and then to the card front. I also used the die to cut patterns from some grey, mint and pink paint chips and used them for a bit of colour. The sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp 'Birthday Bits) was heat embossed on some black CS and popped up on foam tape. Nice and simple!

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Love this technique - die cutting)

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (Die Crazy)

Darnell's NBUS Challenge # 5 (New SSS stamp set)


One more card to post and then I'm off to garden in the sun. The weather the past few days has been glorious, lots of sun and warmth. Although its supposed to turn nasty this weekend...of course....

The kids have their school disco tonight. Everyone is so excited and Phoebe has her outfit all picked out. So I'm on hair and make-up tonight. Hope I can remember how to do it!!!!

Take care
Shona




 

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow, girl. This truly is amazing. Those pops of color within those joined circles is a stroke of genius. I'm drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear you alwys great at using DIE
    I have to learn from you much
    this is gorgeous
    I knew you like geometric so much Shona
    and this card can be the winner
    happy sunday and see you soon maybe on my post sweet friend
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cool, Shona ... and such a gorgeous colour palette ... love those little snippets! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny to think of you on the brink of summer while we're well into fall...crisp cool air, leaves in autumn splendor, and skiffs of new snow appearing on the mountain peaks. Time to get out the warm sweaters...and leggings...and boots. Your card: circle splendid! Hope the disco was a blast!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Shona - so CAS and graphic!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete