Sunday 11 October 2015

The Ton - World Card Making Day Challenge

Well, we made it! Its Sunday night and we made it thru the last two weeks of school holidays. We didn't get to do anything majorly exciting but we had a lot of fun and boy will I miss those late morning starts!!!

So, since last weekend, when it was World Card Making Day, I saw that The Ton were getting in on the celebrations and having a WCMD Challenge. As I hadn't had much time to play with my two new stamp sets, I thought this would be a fantastic idea. Who knew that the whole week would fly by and I had only today to get my cards sorted!!

For this card I had the idea in my mind straight away, which is always a bonus. It took a bit of fiddling (but by now you know I like a good fiddle....) and I managed to finally get it together:



I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front and very gradually blended some Peacock Feathers in the middle. I die-cut the window two times from white CS and glued them together for extra strength. After stamping the panda's and fussy cutting, I tucked their paws over the edges of the windows, added lots of foam tape and put them on the panel. This was stuck to a top folding card base. I stamped the sentiment in black and added a few sequins for a bit of bling. Love these panda's so much!!

The panda and sentiment stamps are from The Ton 'Panda Can't Even'. The window die and sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Friends of ours are having a baby soon, well they were due last weekend so it should be VERY soon. So every night I take my cell phone to bed with me as their kids will be coming here to stay while Mum and Dad 'take care of the baby business'. I just know it will happen in the middle of the night, so will be quite glad when he/she finally arrives so I can go to bed and not worry about arrivals at 3am. So looking forward to the cuddles though!!!!

Take care
Shona
 


10 comments:

  1. Such cute little panda's, Shona ... love how you have them leaning out of their windows! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pandas and the way you've postioned them, Shona. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, you have been having fun with these little guys. LOVE what you did with the film strip (or is it a window strip). Doesn't matter, it looks terrific. Hope that baby is born in the AM instead of the PM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going through some older emails, saw this and HAD to comment! What a great card! I love the Pandas--I have them, too. They're so cute! Might have to CASE you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable card! Thank you for sharing your card :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay cute panda again
    which stamp is it
    and in a row looks even so sweet too
    may I ask which stamp is it Shona
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Shona...your trio of pandas are incredibly darling, peeking from their little windows! Smile making in every way! Hope the baby arrives soon...you need your rest, too!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are precious! Love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These panda's are so cute! They look great on this card but also on the next post! (something for my daughter; panda's are her favorites!) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete