Friday 20 November 2015

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

My Mojo and energy has been very much lacking of late, which has been so frustrating!! Every single facet of my life has been flat out and after I read with the kids at bedtime, I go straight to bed myself. I'm behind with EVERYTHING, so please forgive me if I haven't visited lately, everyone has been in my thoughts!!

Over the past few weeks I've been extremely lucky to have won a few stamp sets and been able to afford to buy some things for myself. So I've been surrounded my new goodies with no time to play. But........today I had the afternoon free, and while I caught up on American Horror Story episodes, I had a play date with my new stamps.

It was so much fun and I came up with a few ideas and even managed to finish this card. So thought I better post it straight away so you know I'm still making them:
 

These stamps are part of the new release from Neat and Tangled 'Merry Little Christmas'. I also included a few of the bigger parcels from Neat and Tangled 'Santa's Ride'. I won both of these stamp sets and managed to purchase another. It was such a dreary day today, I wanted to try and make something colourful and fun. So after stamping these all on white CS, I used my Ziggies to colour them in. 

It then came to the part where I wish I could have purchased the matching dies because cutting out the Xmas tree was a little fiddly but 'fiddly' and I go back a long way, so just took my time. I went around the edges of all of these with a black marker and then arranged on the card front with some foam tape. The sentiment is from the 'Merry Little Christmas' set too, just love that font!

I'm linking this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas'.

So, how did I feel after finishing this card??? So happy and can feel my Mojo slowly creeping back in. And thank goodness because I'm so far behind with my Xmas card making and need so many to send to all my amazing bloggie friends. Just need to find a little time each day to create. How hard could that be, right????

And thank you so much to Danielle at Neat and Tangled for her generosity. Crafters are the most amazing and generous people ever!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

9 comments:

  1. I am the first??
    Shona this image is fabulous
    Your fussy cut is very great..
    Love your CAS design
    And how lucky you soo many new goodies n stamp came to your home..I have purchased but not so much..
    I will fly visit my mom n dad in Indonesia at December.wish we can meet ...your place only two hours from Jakarta with plane..
    Big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly speaking I was join Bugaboo Christmas in July also I was started earlier Minimum I have 10 xmas card Shona..plus more in November...I will send You earlier before fly to Indonesia ;)

      Delete
    2. Know what you mean about lack of mojo, been there recently, myself. Congratulations on your win with N&T, they have adorable images but not as sweet as this precious card you made. It's beautifully colored & embellished. Doesn't reflect any lack of anything. Just a ton of talent.

      Delete
    3. Know what you mean about lack of mojo, been there recently, myself. Congratulations on your win with N&T, they have adorable images but not as sweet as this precious card you made. It's beautifully colored & embellished. Doesn't reflect any lack of anything. Just a ton of talent.

      Delete
  2. So sweet Shona...love your wonderful coloring and that tree is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and festive, Shona ... your sweet trimmed out tree with all those yummy gifts just waiting to be opened is just so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty! I love the deep color tones! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card Shona - great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling Christmas card, Shona and such very, very neat fussy cutting!!!!! Your card looks great and there is definitely no sign of any missing mojo!!!! Such a lovely card!!!!

    ReplyDelete