Wednesday 13 January 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 176

Happy Wednesday everybody and welcome to the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge for this week!! We have everyone's favourite theme this week:


                                                  



This means you can create anything you want!! Maybe some much needed birthday cards? You could start getting ready for Valentines Day? Or maybe a friend needs a boost?? Its all totally up to you!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations who are giving the winner a $10 gift certificate. Lucky them!!
I was very lucky to receive some new Winnie and Walter goodies last week and have been having great fun playing around with them. I need to send quite a few cards around the world to friends, so thought this would be a chance to add to my collection:

 
I stamped the Winnie and Walter 'Mini Scenery: Madison' on some water colour paper and heat embossed in white. I then got myself comfortable in front of the tv with my blue Ziggie, a fine brush and some water. The colour was added to the pointy bit of the stamp shape and using a wet brush, I pushed the colour to the top, fading it as I went. Once it was all dry, I cut it out with some scissors and adhered to the card front.

I really wanted that stamp and water colouring to be the star, so decided to frame my painting. I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and used a rectangle die from Couture Creations to cut the window. This panel was then popped up on lots of foam tape. After die-cutting the 'hugs' (also from Winnie and Walter) three times from white CS, I glued them all together and popped up on little pieces of foam tape.

And I couldn't help myself by adding some bling with some turquoise sequins from the new Pretty Pink Posh 'Share Kindness Sequins Mix' and also some small clear sequins. I just love blue and white!!!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Something New' which is the 'Madison' stamp.

You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge and if your needing any help in the 'inspiration' department, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created. Those girls are incredible!!!!!

Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 
  

14 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! Shona I LOve your water-colored layer - and the blue/white design! WOWsers...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm glad you got those W&W products. This is fabulous. Love the way you framed your watercolor panel. Those pretty sequins sprinkled across it don't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm glad you got those W&W products. This is fabulous. Love the way you framed your watercolor panel. Those pretty sequins sprinkled across it don't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Shona, love everything here, and specially the color combination, one of my favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card...love it! It is like a hug being sent in the mail, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect die cut for your background, and your watercoloring is just beautiful, Shona! Stunning card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Love how you used the scenery stamp ...just lovely!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Shona, love how you kept the die white so the water colour is the star x

    ReplyDelete
  9. super awesome shona...love the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your card! It is soooo great! I love the CAS design with the special something, the colours, the big letter word and the background. Absolutely wonderful. Hugs from your ATSM team-mate stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. Coloring in the background and the stamp is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just look at that lovely colour combo, Shona ... and beautifully watercoloured background (aren't those Ziggies fabulous) ... love that crisp die cut hugs in across the front! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete