Friday 22 January 2016

CASology Challenge - Week 181

Its 11.50pm Thursday night here in New Zealand and its a billion degrees. The kids are still awake because they are so hot, which means so am I. It was a beautiful day and we even went to the pool twice because of the heat but I'm tired now and would love to sleep...... Oh well, can't have it both ways I suppose!!


This weeks CASology challenge is 'Clear', which is so handy because I had an idea for a card I've been fiddling around with and it fits the theme perfectly:



A few weeks before Christmas, I received some purchases from Winnie and Walter, which included this Faceted Star Die. I love anything geometric, especially anything with triangles, so really wanted to play with this one!!

The Faceted Star Die also comes with a Solid Star Die and I used that first to die-cut the star from the card front. After die-cutting the Faceted Star from gold mirror CS (from Craft Smith), I carefully glued a piece of acetate to the back of the star. This way I had something to glue the gold Faceted Star onto, so it became 'inlaid'. And it worked like a charm!!

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold (from Winnie and Walter 'My Precious') on a strip of white CS and popped up on foam tape. A sprinkling of gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished it off with some extra sparkle. Always so cool to make a card with a front you can see-through!!

I'm also going to link this to the Stamplorations CAS Card Challenge - January but without the optional twist of using Silver.


The house is sounding quiet now, so I might be able to slip off to bed. Although I'm so behind with all my tv programmes I could watch a few sneaky episodes since I'm still on holiday and don't have to get up early in the morning. That is beginning to sound like a very good idea.......now where did I put that spare bag of Peanut M&M's........

Take care
Shona
 

16 comments:

  1. ...spare bag of m&m's...that made me chuckle.
    This is gorgeous shona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful, Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous take on the cue word, Shona. I love that star in gold! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
    Did you manage to find the m&m's and catch up on your shows? :) I'm behind on mine too but I'm in the middle of a really good book right now so that is winning out. Hope the weather cools off for you soon. We're in the middle of a cold snap - well, cold for us - temps in the high 50s/low 60s and a strong north wind. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! The gold star is a stunning focal point. Just beautiful! It's been boiling in the Bay too but we've been away in Wellington and Taranaki - where is has NOT been boiling - so it was a good time to have a few days away visiting the rellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, if this doesn't win, I'll want to know why. A-maz-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, if this doesn't win, I'll want to know why. A-maz-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable
    each day your card more and more CAS and more elegant my friend
    I love this
    and I just have time to open my blog again
    I was in Indonesia since 21 Dec until 15 January
    I was having jetlag
    no power to make cards or doing Blog visit
    now I have time and see your wonderful card at CASology
    I guess you will be the winner this time
    See you around Shona
    I really miss your kind words on my blog
    Hope you still have time for Monika :)
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Shona. I just love that geometric star, and it looks fantastic as a gold inlay. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at the CASology challenge this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so elegant and shines so bright, Shona! This is a fave!! I hope it has cooled off a bit for you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly a winner, Shona!!! So gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Shona ... crisp, luxurious, beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona what a creative masterpiece! Love that die! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe I called this one a winner and it is. Congratulations on your CASology HM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shona, extremely beautiful card! Have I said this over at Instagram already? So clean and crisp! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge. -Ksenija, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing .... what a fabulous die! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge

    ReplyDelete