Monday 15 February 2016

Pretty Pink Posh - Valentine Challenge (Entry # 3)

So much for thinking today was a bit cooler....its so sticky and the wind is very warm. Might need a trip to the school pool later....



This is my third and last entry to the Pretty Pink Posh - Valentine Challenge.  Paulina gave you these four amazing Valentines cards to choose from and create your own design. 


This time I chose Lisa's card (top left) as I loved the layout. I'm not very good at using ribbons on my cards, my bow-tying ability is severely lacking, so I had to come up with another idea:
 

I started off by die-cutting the 'twine' from silver coloured glitter CS and gluing to the card front. I then die-cut the 'hearts' from pink glitter CS and a similar coloured pink paint chip. I had already cut the hearts from some white craft foam, so I glued the pink glitter hearts on top and then alternated gluing them and the paint chip hearts over the twine. The sentiment was stamped in black and I added clear and pink sequins for a bit more shine.

The 'twine' die and sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. The 'hearts' die is from CAS-ual Fridays and the glitter CS from American Crafts. The sentiment is from Concord and 9th 'Love you. Mean it'.

I have five other challenges I would like to enter:

Tic Tac Toe Challenge # 3 (I used the first line across)


Simply Create Too Challenge # 102 (Love or Valentines)

CASology Challenge # 184 


CAS on Sunday Challenge # 76 (Valentines)

Stamplorations CAS Challenge - February 

 
Now I just need to work out what to make for dinner. Has to be something quick and doesn't require much heat to cook it, as standing in the kitchen with the oven and stove-top going turns it into a sauna in this heat!! Maybe I can suggest ice-cream sundaes again......

Take care
Shona

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!! Love the sparkle hearts and the fabulous design!! Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    Nora Noll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to cover a trio on challenges in one fell swoop. And it's an amazing swoop. The card made my, well, heart melt...it is so beautiful. Your talent knocks me for a loop over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!This beauty is going to be a winner, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sho, that 'twine' is genius, and solves a multitude of card bow-tying palavas! You also reminded me about the value of paint chips - actually I have a few stashed from Taubman's that I should bring into commission. some pinks and limes that I don't actually own as cardstock colours. Need the right inspiration though. This, as always, is awesome inspiration! Hope the kids are getting into the swing of school! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING, Shona!!! Love the 'twine' and the beautiful glitter heart!!!!
    Yeah for ice cream sundae for dinner!!! Wouldn't that be nice!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Shona! I love your take on Lisa's sketch and your sequins placement is awesome! (I struggle with that.) Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shimmery, glittery and so pretty, Shona! Hope those ice cream sundaes were good! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you so much for joining us at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet and shimmer card, Shona! You never cease to amaze me with your use of the Twine and Bows dies! :)

    Thank you for joining along in the Valentine challenge. You know I enjoy seeing your PPP creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, what a beautiful card, and many things seem to be not what they are, I thought, it was a real twine :) Love you use of pink coloured sequins in addition to white, this is so unusual and looks so gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge. -Ksenija, DT

    ReplyDelete