Friday 15 April 2016

Little Tangles Challenge # 67

The school holidays have started....eeeeekkk!!! Well, actually its kind of good because it means we can get up late every morning and there is no rushing around to get ready for school. However, I'm not entirely sure what we will do for the next two weeks. Hopefully the weather will be good to us and I can come up with something!!

It does also mean that it will be extra hard to fit in some card making time, as I'm looking after them during the day, and then they like to watch movies with me at night. So watch this space.....

I love die-cutting!! Actually I'm a little obsessed with die-cutting at the moment and have already entered the Little Tangles challenge two times but still have a few ideas up my sleeve....

I came up with this card design while I was walking the dogs. It was ultra fiddly but sometimes I think 'fiddly' is my middle name:


All that pastel coloured goodness!! Love these beads so much, just wish I had more of them!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front and die-cutting the heart from it. I glued a piece of acetate behind it and then glued the heart die over-top. I then die-cut the die from some white foam and glued it to the acetate.

Then came the fun part of putting the different coloured beads in each triangle. I had beads everywhere but love how it turned out. I had to then very carefully glue along the edges of the foam and press the card front down on top of it. And then had to cut pieces of white foam, add some glue to each side and 'sandwich' them in between the card front and the panel, to give the card support.

I wanted the sentiment to be super simple, so just stamped it on a piece of white CS in black and popped up on foam tape. Ta da!!

The faceted heart die is from Neat and Tangled, as well as the sentiment stamp from the set 'Kindness Matters'. All of the beads are from The Ton.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 62 

 

Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge - March (Pastel Colours)


Stamplorations CAS Card Challenge - April


Its getting close to dinner time and the natives are getting restless, so I better go and make something amazing. Well, when I say amazing I mean quick, easy and something the kids will like. Its Friday and I'm so tired, so my creativity for cooking has gone out the window. They will be lucky if they don't get just toast!!

Take care
Shona

14 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful, Shona!!! Love the beautiful pastel colours!! Must have taken some time to make, but it was worth the effort!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Wish I had the patience to do this. Have the die so maybe I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just delicious...reminiscent of Easter eggs & candy. Gorgeous. You nust keel getting better & better. Wonder why everything reminds memail food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona this is the most FANTASTIC shaker card I have ever seen! You rock these faceted shapes and I now NEED that die ... plus that waffle flower lacy one!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops! Thanks for sharing and playing at AAA Cards with it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Thanks again for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my....Shona, this is simply amazing. What a fabulous card, you must have spent so much time but from the looks of your incredible card, it was well worth it and all the beads laying around too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that pastel goodness, indeed! Shona, this is drop-jaw gorgeous!!! I hope you are doing well! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Shona, all that pastel beauty. You use this particular die so perfectly every time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Queen of CAS Shona!!! I love the card and the colours you used. I've had my eye on this die for soooo long. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, you are brilliant! I was looking at your card and thinking you must have had the patience of Job to cut out all that fiddly foam tape but you used the die! LOVE it--all those fun beads. I bet this is a joy to shake and gorgeous to boot!

    Toni
    Stamplorations DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Those pastel shades look so pretty. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, and a lot of work, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete