Thursday 26 May 2016

CAS-ual Fridays - My Girl Friday Day

Happy Thursday everybody, only two more days till the weekend, your nearly there!!! Its my turn today as a Girl Friday to show off some of the fabulous CAS-ual Fridays products.




For my card today and I decided to ink up a stamp I haven't used before, and thought it was about time it got a bit of love:


I've become a little obsessed with my Rose Gold embossing powder after using it a few weeks ago. Now I just wish I had some sequins to go with it, so on my 'wish list' they go.....

I stamped the 'Curtis Background' stamp on a piece of water colour CS and heat embossed in rose gold. I then used my mini-blending tool and some 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Ink to create the ombre colouring. I found out a while ago that Distress Inks blend a lot better on water colour CS and its so true. I don't have access to good quality CS for my cards and when I blend on it, it becomes very patchy. The same doesn't seem to happen with the water colour CS, so if your having problems, definitely do the switch!!

I trimmed the panel down so it was more narrow than the card front and popped it up on foam tape. I die cut the 'Love Ya Fri-Die' three times from white CS. I then decided to blend the same Distress Ink on the word die-cuts so it would be a similar hue. The die-cuts were then all glued together and on to the card front. To add a bit more shimmer I covered the words with Wink of Stella and added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


I hope this inspires you to get crafting today and if you need to buy any CAS-ual Fridays products, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!

 
Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Shona...be still my heart. This is just so freaking gorgeous...I have no other words than PERFECTION>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Shona...be still my heart. This is just so freaking gorgeous...I have no other words than PERFECTION>

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rose gold and pink combo looks pretty yet so elegant! Great tip to use watercolor CS for blending!

    ReplyDelete