Thursday 19 May 2016

Inkspirational Challenge # 108

Have been trying to find time to enter this Inkspirational  challenge since I saw the colour combo but as usual life kept getting in the way. However, yesterday I was supposed to be gardening all day and it rained, so I could finally tackle my idea.

I love the colour mint and its so popular at the moment with clothes and furnishings etc. And it works perfectly with navy, so I couldn't let this challenge pass me by!! I came up with this design the other day while walking the dogs. It seems to be one of my best places to get ideas, just wish I could sketch as I walk because by the time I'm back at the car, the idea has vanished:


This is another of my 'why do I come up with such fiddly idea's' moments. It looks great now its finished, but took ALOT of patience to see it thru to the end...

To start I die-cut the faceted background die from white CS. I then die-cut the star from a mint paint chip and then from the middle of the faceted die-cut. I didn't have any navy CS but had two navy paint chips that were as wide as the faceted die but only half as long, so I laid down two chips side by side and die-cut the faceted piece.

This was the fun part. I carefully remove the faceted die so all the pieces were still in the paint chips. After gluing the white faceted piece to the card front, I then randomly chose different navy shapes and inlaid them in the  die-cut, gluing as I went. I then inlaid the mint star in place. The 'hello' die was die-cut 3x from white CS, glued together and then adhered over the star. And of course I had to add a few sequins for a bit of bling!!

The 'multi faceted' die is from Winnie and Walter, along with the 'hello' die and the 'solid star' die. The clear sequin is from Pretty Pink Posh and the navy from Avery Elle.

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 64 

 
Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - May 


The fan belt in my car is finally being fixed today (no more loud squeaky car on rainy days, not that we have had many.....) so I can't go anywhere. Will do a little bit of house work and then hopefully make some cards. I have some new products to try out, so I hope I can share them with you soon!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

8 comments:

  1. this is a fabulous design-love the graphic look and adding the navy dies randomly like adds to the graphic look. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Shona! I love your use of dies here and the geometric look is just so very stylish and fun. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caught my eye... Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this. Love the randomly placed navy pieces. The mint star is perfect behind that shite sentiment. Sets it off beautifully. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great graphic CAS design, Shona! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... this card is stunning! I love the design with the triangular die and the bold sentiment die. Wonderful use of the mint and navy. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is stunning! Great design and fab colours. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete