Thursday 1 September 2016

Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge - September

Morning everyone and welcome to a new month at the Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge.





We have the most fabulous card to inspire you this month from Asa of Scrapat Helt Enkelt.



Love this CAS design so much and that beautiful violet coloured bird against all the white is stunning!! Unfortunately I don't actually own any bird stamps, so decided to use one of my new sets which I've been itching to ink up:


All of the stamps used on this card are from Neat and Tangled 'Kittys Favourite Things'. I received this two weeks ago and its been patiently waiting for me to play with it!!

I started off by stamping the kitty, the milk and the ball of string on some white CS and coloured them with pencils. I fussy cut them out and went around the edges with a black pen. I didn't always use a marker on the edges when I fussy cut but my ability with a pair of scissors is pretty bad and it really gives the image a finished look. 

I used a stitched detail circle die (from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Die set) with some white CS and adhered to the card front. I then glued on the string and milk, and popped the kitty up on foam tape. The sentiment was stamped in black, I glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins and added Wink of Stella to the ball of string. I hope Asa like's how I was inspired by her card design!!

As this is the first time I've used this stamp set, I'm going to link this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge # 7. This challenge is always so much fun and makes you use those products you purchased weeks, months,years ago that you haven't taken out of the packaging yet!!



You have the whole month of September to link your project to the Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer challenge, which gives you ample time to join in once or more. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created their own versions of Asa's card on the blog to give you some ideas. Looking forward to seeing your project in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Shona, this is so adorable! That kitty image is just so cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on Asa's fun card Shona, and I love your cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on Asa's fun card Shona, and I love your cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Shona! Such a cute image and beautifully coloured! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card and a great CASE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitty-in-the-circle is just as funtabulous as Asa's bird-in-the-circle, Sho!! (Thanks to you something ELSE to put on my wish list!) All the little details are purrfect!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet kitty, Shona. Great CASE of Åsa's card. :)

    ReplyDelete