Thursday 22 September 2016

My Favourite Things - 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest (Entry No. 2)

Hi there everybody, hope your all having a good week. Its been very sunny days and chilly nights here which has been perfect for all my gardening work and then snuggling up in bed with the electric blanket at night. I haven't had much time for creating of late and spend a lot of time daydreaming of card designs while pulling out weeds.




I've been mulling over different designs for the My Favourite Things - 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest. Have you seen all the cards already entered?? My goodness they are simply amazing and I don't stand a chance in hell of winning but excited to finally have some MFT stamps to be able to enter!!

I haven't been water colouring much of late and after watching a few card making videos on YouTube I was inspired to try colouring my new stamps with paint instead of pencils:
 

I think this little piggie is such a cutie and couldn't wait to paint her with a soft pink!

I started off by die-cutting the large speech bubble (from MFT Die-namics) from some water colour CS. I then stamped and heat embossed the fence in white. Out came my Zig Real Color Markers and a water brush, and I coloured in the whole piece. To colour the sky I rubbed the blue Zig marker on a plate, mixed in a little water with a brush and then painted the CS. To give the sky a bit of interest I sprinkled some water over it and removed it with a tissue.

The piggie was also white heat embossed on water colour CS but for her I used Distress Ink 'Worn Lipstick' with a water brush, as I only wanted the bright pink for the heart. Once this was dry I fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam tape in front of the fence. The speech bubble was put on foam tape as well on the card front, the sentiment was stamped in black and a few sequins added for shine.

The pig, fence/grass and sentiment stamps are from My Favourite Things 'Hog Heaven' and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I have one more entry for this contest, so will get that on my blog before collapsing into bed. I was spreading lots of pea straw today which is quite hard work in such a big garden. I had a shower before and when I picked up my clothes there was a pile of pea straw all over the floor. I also found half a dozen twigs in my hair. I don't have a fancy life but its pretty good!!

 Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. You must be incredibly fit. All that straw...yikes. you should be exhausted. But, fortunately, not too exhausted to make this sweet little oinker card. Such wonderful coloring. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete