Thursday 22 September 2016

My Favourite Things - 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest (Entry No. 3)

As usual I'm linking up my entry at the last minute. I was up quite late colouring this one last night in bed, so looking forward to getting this on my blog and hitting the hay!!



Its been really exciting thinking up designs for this My Favourite Things - 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest.  I remember seeing it last year and marveling at all the entries. I didn't own any MFT stamps then, so its very cool to be able to throw my hat into the ring. I certainly don't expect to get anywhere but have my fingers crossed for my friends who are MFT card making stars in my eyes!!

This card design came to me while I was on my hands in knees in a muddy garden the other day. Maybe it involves pigs because I was in mud. I just wish I had thought of it last week as it took forever to colour it all in last night:


I realised that if you look at this out the corner of your eye, it kind of looks like a block of chocolate!!

So, for this crazy idea I stamped the fence/grass image in black on white CS 12x and coloured using my Faber Castell pencils. I also did the same with the two piggies. These were all then fussy cut out and black marker added around the edges. 

To keep the fence close together I cut off the edge pieces so they were flat. Foam tape was added to them all and I stuck them to the card front, cutting off the overhanging pieces. The piggies were glued into place and the sentiment stamped on white CS and put on foam tape as well. I glued a flower sequin to the girl piggie along with some others for a bit of shine.

I'm so happy with how it turned out, it took forever but was so worth it!!!!

The fence/grass, pig and sentiment stamps are all from My Favourite Things 'Hog Heaven', and the sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

This was my final entry so fingers crossed someone likes it. I'm off to bed now to read with Max and probably catch up on my Instagram. One more day to go and its the school holidays for two weeks. Can't wait for sleep-ins and no rushing around, it will be heaven!!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I can imagine this too absolutely ages to colour Shona - I'd have been there all day! But so worth it - a fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pour fingers & hand. All those fences. Ouch! But so worth it...such a clever way to design a card. You done good girl. Looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pour fingers & hand. All those fences. Ouch! But so worth it...such a clever way to design a card. You done good girl. Looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Shona ... both your piggy cards are just so sweet and fun ... so worth all the hard work colouring on this one ... those fences are fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete