Wednesday 5 October 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 214

Another week has rolled on by and I even saw Christmas lollies and chocolates at the supermarket the other day...eeekk! It does mean though that its time for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More! This week its my favourite theme:




Our Sponsor for this challenge is A Day for Daisies and they are giving the winner of this challenge a $12.00 gift voucher to their store!


Most of my cards are 'Clean and Simple' and I love lots of white space in my design. I've been very lucky to receive some new stamps of late so this was a good chance to take them for a spin:

 
This cute little llama (and all the other images) are from My Favourite Things 'Llama Love'. I got it for my daughter Phoebe who has been obsessed with llamas for years, so thought of her while I made this one!!

To start off I die-cut a circle of white CS and cut off part of it so it didn't overhang the edge. I stamped the llama and his sleeping bag on some white CS, coloured with pencils and then fussy cut. Once I worked out where he would stand in the circle, I stamped the two cactus plants and coloured them with pencils too. To give the impression of sand I used a beige pencil on its side and coloured roughly. I then thought it needed some sort of sky so very carefully blended some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' around the plants.

The llama was popped up on foam tape with the bag attached to his rump. And a very simple sentiment strip was done with black CS and white heat embossing. This has a little bit of foam tape under it to keep it up.

I have two challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

 

Well, I've just realised I only have one to enter now. I wanted to enter the My Favourite Things Sketch # 300 Challenge for the first time but found out its already closed. Silly me! I wanted to mention it though because I got a lot of inspiration from its sketch. Will make sure I get the right closing date next time!!







You have one week to enter your projects for the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. And if you need any help with inspiration and ideas, please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created for you. They are one talented group of ladies!!! Look forward to seeing your designs in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your sweet card....your critter is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card Shona! The image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy about these llamas myself...bought the set but I'm sure I won't be able to do anything with it as wonderful as this. You just are so good at this cardmaking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy about these llamas myself...bought the set but I'm sure I won't be able to do anything with it as wonderful as this. You just are so good at this cardmaking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shonna, that is one cute llama card!!

    ReplyDelete