Wednesday 19 October 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - October Release - Day 3

Welcome back everyone to Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps October release!!



Introducing our new stamp set 'Powerful Words':



This set has the most beautiful brush-stroke font and the bigger words are large enough to be a focal point on a card themselves. For my card I wanted to make the words the star of the card design:


I chose to use the word 'Miracle' and as miracles are such amazing, happy things I wanted to convey this with some bright and happy colours!

I cut a panel of water colour CS the same size as my card front and heat embossed 'miracles' in gold. I then decided to do some 'smooshing' with my clear stamp block. I used my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers for this. Each pen was brushed on the block and I added a little water with a brush, mixing and moving it around to a 'roundish' shape.

Next came the fun part. I simply pushed the block on to the panel, held it there for a few seconds and then removed. I used my brush to move around any puddles and fill in any areas that were missed. I did this with each colour, not worrying about whether they would mix or not. Once I had dried the panel with my heat gun, I stamped the rest of the sentiment in black. It was then adhered to the card front and some gold sequins added from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this card to the Virginia's View Challenge # 24 where the theme is 'Focal Point'.

 

If you would like to purchase this stamp set or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  please don't hesitate to use my special 'Girl Friday Code' to save yourself 15% on your purchase. Every dollar counts these days, especially with Christmas on the way!!




Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at the new release products. If you've missed the previous two days, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  blog to see what the other new stamp sets are like.

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous watercolor splashes to make your sentiments shine, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking through my Pinterest board and just had to comment on your card. Love it! Love the simplicity and the colors you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete