Thursday 29 December 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 73

Hi there everybody!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday with your family and friends. Ours was extremely quiet, involved lots of food and not so much swimming as the weather has been very cloudy but had fun nonetheless!!

I'm popping in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT challenge where we want you to be inspired by this phrase:


                              With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning'



You can create a design inspired by the whole sentence or maybe just pick one word....its totally up to you!

We are lucky to have a Sponsor for this challenge Stamplorations. They are giving the winner of this challenge a $20 gift voucher and also $10 gift vouchers to the two honourable mentions. Talk about generous!!!

We also have a fabulous Guest Designer for this challenge Marina of My Perfect Life, who's cards are always a joy and is such a whizz with her CAS designs!!

As soon as I saw this phrase I was drawn to the 'sun' part of it and wishing we had more of it at the moment. And it was really nice to make a non-christmas card for a change:


I love this background stamp so much and have hardly used it, so the thought of yellow and flowers came to mind immediately for this challenge!!

This was so simple to create. I cut a piece of white CS the same size as the card front and stamped the background stamp in black ink. I then die-cut the 'hello' and also die-cut the 'sunshine' from a yellow paint chip. Once I worked out where the 'hello' would sit on the card, I adhered the rest of the yellow paint chip to the card front and popped the panel up on foam tape. The 'sunshine' was glued using my Quickie Glue Pen, as well as some yellow and clear sequins. Hello sunshine!!

The background stamp is from My Favourite Things 'Bundles of Blossoms' as well as the 'hello' word die. The 'sunshine' word die is from Simon Says Stamp and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




You have one more week to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any help with inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Marina have created for you. Look forward to seeing your 'sunshiny' projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow that really is a great background stamp, what a great way to make a quick card. I thought you had masked all this! Adore the yellow, perfect for a sunrise look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gorgeous background Shona...and the pop of yellow is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bg stamp looks great just as it is, I've been having an eye on it... You are making it even harder to NOT to buy it! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that background AND your design, Shona, it really made me smile! Thank your for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing card Shona...just love those bit of yellow, so sweet! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking background, Shona ... so gorgeous with the sunny yellow die cuts ... a real beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely fantastic. I love the black and white background. They bright yellow "HELLO" glowing from beneath is so wonderful. Just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i've commented on this card all over the social media. I just love it. It has an amazing wow factor - there really is something impactful about black white and one colour and this is such a perfect example Shona. BTW I've been trying to get that darn background stamp for what feels like eons. MFT just dont seem to ever get it back in stock!! GAR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I really love how you paired your sentiments with this B&W background! So striking!

    ReplyDelete