Monday 6 March 2017

Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Cute Critter Challenge with Gayatri

21 hours.......that's all the time I have left to get my entries in to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Cute Critter Challenge with Gayatri. Why oh why do I always seem to be creating at the last possible moment??!!



I've been a fan of Winnie and Walter products for nearly 3 years and I'm so excited to finally be sharing in their birthday fun!! All of my card ideas have been swirling around in my head for weeks but I wanted to wait for my newest W&W products turned up first before I dove straight in with creating.

As I mentioned this first challenge is all about 'cute critters' and their latest stamp release has the cutest stamp set 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T Designs'. I've fallen in love with it, which is strange because I never make baby cards. I've always found them really hard to make but obviously I needed the perfect stamp set.....:
 

Told you the images were adorable!!! I really wanted these critters to be the stars of the card, so kept everything else clean.

I cut a panel of white CS and die-cut the small circle die from W&W 'Essentials: Carly Cutaways' twice from it. I worked out where the circles would sit over the card front and gently blended Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' so it would create a background for the animals. The animal images were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out.

I popped the panel up on foam tape and also added foam tape behind both of the critters. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was simply stamped with black in, fussy cut out and put on foam tape as well. And I added some clear and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

As you can imagine I have a few other cards to enter and will try to space them out over the next 21 hours so not to overload you. But really, can you ever have enough W&W to look at??!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. THE BEST baby card I've ever seen (gee, I hope it's a baby card).

    ReplyDelete