Thursday, 11 May 2017

The Heart Desires Challenge # 12

Hi there everyone!! Its late Thursday afternoon here in New Zealand and its been raining all day. So no gardening for me, which means I had time to fit in making a card or two. And as I've been very lucky to have gotten my hands on so many new products lately, I thought I better put them to use!!





Aren't these colours amazing??!! This is the inspiration for this months The Heart Desires challenge and I thought these colours would make a fun and pretty card to brighten up a friends day:
 

Bright and happy don't you think? Certainly makes me smile whenever I look at it. And then my smile falters slightly when I remember how long it took to water colour all these lines but it was so worth it!!!

I stamped and heat embossed the 'Zig Zag Background Stamp' from My Favourite Things in white on a piece of water colour CS. Then, using a mix of Zig Real Color Brush Markers and my Gansai Tambi paint set, I randomly coloured in the lines, trying not to go over the edges.  Once it was dry I die-cut it using a waffle-edged die from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey Cutaways'. And I also die-cut the 'Hugs' die from My Favourite Things.

I decided to keep the area behind the word die-cut white, so the panel was popped up on the card front with lots of foam tape. The sentiment (from MFT 'Somebunny') was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape. And I added some clear sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit of sparkle.

I'm also going to link this to the Stamplorations CAS Card Challenge - May where their theme is 'Feminine Colours'.

 

As its been raining all day I have a pile of wet washing that needs to be hung up on the drying rack. Thank goodness we have a brilliant log fire and they will all be dry by the morning but its not very pleasant looking at wet underwear while watching tv. Oh how I wish we had a bigger house!!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally love this! The watercoloring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at THD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at THD.

    ReplyDelete