Thursday 27 July 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 88

Hi there everyone, hope your having a fantastic week!! Its been very cold and wet here in New Zealand but the days are starting to get a little longer which must be a good sign. We have really big frosts but the days themselves have been so warm I've been in a t-shirt, so no wonder the weeds are going crazy and the flowers are coming out way too early!! 

Speaking of sunshine, I wanted to remind you about our current challenge at TIME OUT. We have this phrase to inspire you:


'If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely' 


Its by Roald Dahl and is such a true phrase!! You can be inspired by the whole sentence or maybe just one word....its totally up to you!

Having been working in the morning frost for the past few weeks I jumped on the word 'sunbeams' straight away and knew I wanted to capture the feeling of finally feeling it on your face:


This little girl totally reminds me of me, working outside in the rain and the cold, and how happy I feel when the sunshine arrives! Sunshine always makes you happy and I bet she is so glad to finally put her umbrella away!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. The stencil was placed over top and taped to the surface, and I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' to create the sunbeams. After I removed the stencil and without re-inking the blending foam, I ran it gently over the panel to create a soft glow between the rays. I then added lots of foam tape to the back of it and put it on the card front.

The little girl was stamped on some white CS, coloured with pencils and then fussy cut out. I put her on foam tape, as well as the sentiment. And of course I had to add some yellow and clear sequins to carry on the shine!

The little girl is from Studio Katia 'Hello Alice'. The sun-rays stencil is from MFT Stamps. The sentiment is from Waffle Flower 'Balloon Messages' and the sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to Virginia's Summer Blog Party. She has gone on vacation but is wanting us to link up to 3 cards that we've created over Summer. Its Winter here but I thought this card couldn't be more Summery, so would join in.




Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




You have until Wednesday 2nd August to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And to get any extra inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our spectacular Guest Designer Toni have created for you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. The perfect card for this challenge. Love how the sunshine burst out and fab colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the absolute sweetest ever. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet scene, Shona ... the glow of sunshine around that little cutie is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had approximately the same idea for my entry at Time Out. Yours is so much better though. Little girl is a darling image and beautifully colored...the card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...love your beautiful rays of sunshine and your sweet little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stenciling! The two-tone yellow looks fabulous and the layout is fab, your girl looks adorable in the middle of the sun! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. Love the juxtaposition of the sunshine and the girl dressed for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry it took so long for me to get around to commenting on the #88 DT cards, but had to drop by to tell you how much I love this card. And yes, that feeling of sun on your face is the most wonderful thing. This little character is so adorable, and she looks fabulous surrounded by those wonderful rays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!! (so sorry it took me so long to comment). That stencil is brilliant - i used it for the first time on my card and it won't be the last - I love this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete