Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Flower Challenge - July

Hi everyone and welcome to another month at The Flower Challenge!! I have to say that last months 'Anything Goes' challenge was incredible with the amount of entries (thank you all so much) and its getting harder and harder each month to choose our winner and top picks. You guys are rocking those floral products!!

I'm sure that this month will be popular too as this theme is one of my favourite techniques to use:





There are so many possibilities with heat embossing i.e. watercolouring, distress ink blending, pencil and Copic colouring to name a few. And the dry embossing folders are endless with their choices. So looking forward to seeing your ideas!!

For my card I decided to use a new stamp that I only just had on another card a few days ago but I find when I get an idea, I can't make anything else until I try it out:


The floral image is from Studio Katia 'Your so Ranunculus' and is the perfect size for a card front. I watercoloured it the other day so this time wanted to see how it would handle some ink blending.

I started off by heat embossing the image in white on a piece of water colour CS. Time for the Distress Inks but this is where I suddenly wished I had some finger daubers...I started off with 'Worn Lipstick' covering the whole flower image and used my mini-blending tool. I realised though that it was way to big (especially for the much smaller flower heads), so I removed the sponge and pinched it with my fingers and used it that way. Much better!! I added 'Picked Raspberry' to the middle of the flowers and then went back over with 'Worn Lipstick' to blend it together.

Once I had finished blending, I cut the panel down and then cut a panel of black CS ever so slightly larger and adhered them together. The panel was then popped up on foam tape. I decided to keep the sentiment black and heat embossed on a circle of vellum with black embossing powder. I used double-sided tape behind the works to adhere it. And to keep with the black detail theme I added some black pearls. I thought I had some Nuvo Drops in Black but couldn't find it, that would have been perfect too!

The sentiment is also from Studio Katia 'Mini Thank You'. The circle die is from Couture Creations and the black pearls from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to The Challenge # 88 where I've used the keywords 'Flowers' and 'Bright'.


Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You have until Tuesday 25th July to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and please pop over to the blog if your running out of ideas, the rest of the Design Team have some beautiful projects to show you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Gaaaaah. So glad you didn't cover up any of those gorgeously colored blooms with a sentiment...vellum the perfect answer. This really is exceptional Shona. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Miss Shona...so beautiful with all those pretty pink roses. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!! love this white embossed flowers, this is the perfect way to sponge and blend colors on images, each line shows beautifully.
    Vellum is the best way to add a sentiment without covering your finished image, even with the bold font and the black embossing, this sentiment looks just perfect on top of your amazing flowers.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love those flowers and the blending on top is just perfect. I bought myself some daubers and they are perfect for this technique. Small and very easy to handle. I'm always in awe of your layouts as you are so good at all those little details like perfect colour matches and adding vellum. This is a beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! a gorgeous cas card, luv those flowers and your design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love those gorgeous pink flowers! The vellum circle is perfect for your sentiment! SO happy you joined us at The Challenge! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how gorgeous Shona...love the pinks and the whole layout is so wonderfully done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card again Shona, pretty flowers and great embossing too. Loving the pink of course ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are beautifully arranged and colored! The blending with the pinched sponge worked very well! Love the soft look with the vellum panel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely soft card Shona, so pretty and really like the use of vellum - I so struggle using it on a card

    ReplyDelete