Wednesday 27 September 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post - September

Hello there and welcome to my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girl Friday' post for the month of September!!






For my card this month I was still on a 'Chibitronics'  high after our collaboration blog hop this month, and was dying to try out another card. This time I challenged myself to using three coloured lights and I'm so happy with how it turned out:
 


It was so much easier to make this card, as I had learned by my mistakes with the first one. I also made sure the design had a bigger area to use so I wasn't trying to squash it all behind something small.

To start off I stamped and heat embossed the image from Floating on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I then watercoloured it using my Zig Real Color Brush Pens, keeping the colours as pale and pastel as I could. Once I had finished and dried the panel, I die cut it using one of the Bubble Box Fri-Dies. Now for the fun part.....


I poked holes thru the three larges flowers on the image and then marked out where they sat on the card front. That way I was able to arrange my circuit so the colours showed thru each hole. I used the same idea for a 'push button' on the battery so the lights didn't stay on all the time. I got this idea from THIS Jennifer McGuire video.


This shows how the 'push button' works and the colour of the lights. Once I was happy with the circuit I was able to put ALOT of foam tape on the back of my painted panel and press it down over the lights. Voila!!



Sorry this photo is so grainy, I shut all my curtains so you could see how much the lights shine in the dark. They are pretty bright and I love the glow behind the flower shapes.

To finish this card off I stamped a sentiment, also from the Floating stamp se,t on a strip of white CS and put it on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. If you've been putting off trying the Chibitronics products because you don't think you'd be able to work it out, you needn't worry. The instruction book is so helpful and once you've mastered it, you'll feel like Thomas Edison!!



If your interested in buying any of the products I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, make sure you use my special code to save yourself 15% and it even works if the items are already on special too!!



Whew, that was a long post but I wanted to include all the photos of the circuits so you could see the 'guts' of the operation!! Actually when you think about it, its actually like playing the 'Operation' game except I've lit up something prettier than a big, red nose and there is no loud noise!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank God there wasn't any big noise but there is a lot to love about this card. No the least of which is that lovely colored balloon...the little lights just make it that much happier and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona Gorgeous card love the 3 sets of stamps in this collection. Also love the lights, do you have a tutorial on the set up of the lights...πŸπŸŒΌπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete