Friday 20 October 2017

AAA Cards Challenge #101

I hope you've been enjoying my Halloween cards this month. They have been so much fun to make and I've loved seeing all your comments and reactions to them on my blog, Instagram and Facebook. So glad you all have the same sense of humor as myself!! Hopefully you'll still feel the same after you see this one.......



The theme for this weeks CASology Challenge  is 'Sorry'. I was thinking about how I could turn that theme into a Halloween card when it hit me:




If you've seen the 'It' movie you will recognise 'Georgie' straight away (and hopefully you will laugh....) but if not I will explain. Georgie is the little brother of Bill who creates a paper boat for him to float down the gutters as its raining. Bill is sick so can't go outside with him and unfortunately Georgie falls victim to Pennywise the clown. So this is a card showing how sorry Bill feels for sending his brother outside to play on his own.

Firstly I stamped the boy image on white CS, coloured with my pencils and fussy cut out. I stamped a puddle and coloured with a red marker pen and popped 'Georgie' up on foam tape. To create his paper boat (Bill writes on it 'S.S. Georgie') I cut two small shapes from white CS, glued them together and then glued to his hand.

The balloon was stamped in the background and also coloured with the same red marker pen. So I could spell out his name, I purchased a cheap alphabet stamp set from a local store and stamped out the sentiment on a piece of white CS. I cut it out and used a blending tool and Distress Ink 'Barn Door' to go around the edges. It was put on foam tape too.

It looked a bit plain so to make it a bit more interesting (and scary) I mixed Distress Ink 'Barn Door' with a little water and flicked a small brush across the card front, adding a few extra blobs of 'blood' here and there. I hope I haven't completely freaked you all out???!!

The boy image is from Mama Elephant 'Chance of Rain', the puddle image from Studio Katia 'Hello Alice' and the balloon from MFT Stamps 'Birthday Bears'.

Since this card is based on a movie, I'll also link to the AAA Cards Challenge # 101 where their theme is 'Inspired by a Movie'.


I can't wait to crawl into bed tonight. Its been a very busy week in the garden and I've spent the last two days trimming hedges non-stop. The gardens are all looking gorgeous though with everything starting to bloom. I think out of all the jobs I've ever had over my lifetime, gardening would have to be the most enjoyable!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. How do you sleep with all these grisley pictures in your head. This one is gory but definitely funny and clever. I'm still laughing and, after reading the story line, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you sleep with all these grisley pictures in your head. This one is gory but definitely funny and clever. I'm still laughing and, after reading the story line, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man !! It's the creepiest card I've seen this year !!! Good job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one creepy film, but it’s translated into a fabulous card. Thanks for joining in with the Inspired by a Film Challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, you do make me laugh! What a great combination of sweet stamped images and a gory backstory :) It is ages since I stopped by - I hope you are well! It sounds as if you are busy with your gardening.....we have loads of leaves here for you to sweep up if you fancy making the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shona!! Your card is perfect for Halloween. What happened to George? Thanks for playing with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card Shona! And I have not seen that, but I love your take on the movie. Thanks for joining us again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card Shona! I don't know the movie so thanks for the explanation - it's a great representation! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable card, thanks for playing along in our challenge at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete