Thursday 16 November 2017

Reminder: The Flower Challenge # 14

Hi there, so glad you stopped by and it gives me a chance to remind you about our current challenge theme at The Flower Challenge.







Its all about 'Clean and Simple' this month which is always my favourite type of card to make. There are lots of different ideas about what makes a project CAS. To me its about lots of space, one central image and not too many embellishments etc. There are already lots of entries with amazing CAS designs and if you haven't joined us yet, I hope you get the chance to do so!

For my reminder card I really wanted to use a new die-set I had purchased and to try a non-white card front for a change:


I've wanted this Altenew 'Fantasy Floral Die' for so long, so it was wonderful finally having a chance to play with it. I didn't want to have too much colour on my card and came up with the idea to use some heat embossing and vellum to add a hint of colour and texture.

I started by cutting a panel of black CS and adhering it to the white card base. The flower die comes in three parts, I die cut the top and bottom layer from white CS and the middle layer from plain vellum. I actually tried putting just the edges of the bottom flower layer into my Versamark ink pad and heat embossing around the edge in gold but it didn't look right. So I decided to press the whole piece into the Versamark ink and embossed the whole piece in gold.

The leaves were die-cut from white CS and adhered in place on the card front. I put the flower together with some glue and double-sided tape and put over the leaves on foam tape. The sentiment (from Altenew 'Build-a-flower: Anemone' was stamped and heat embossed in white on the card front and a few clear sequins glued on from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Saturday 25th November to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your struggling with the CAS idea, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to give you some inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card, Shona - i just bought that die set - think i'll just case your card to get me started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew however you used this die that it would be spectacular and you didn't disappoint. The layered petals with gold, vellum and white on black is both sophisticated and clean. Perfect inspiration for this challenge. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Sho! I love a black card base, yet I rarely think to use one in my designs. That rose and sediment were perfect choices and the way you used the vellum is genius!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you layered those colours to create a gorgeous and very elegant looking card!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So dramatic and classy looking Shona, love the monochrome colours with just a touch of gold too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! It is so different it not being a stamp. Can't believe the dies build up to make a flower. The added embossed details are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete