Thursday 30 November 2017

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 97

Hello there!! I hope your well and had a good week. Its the 1st of December tomorrow and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can put up all my Christmas decorations and lights!!  I'm just popping in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT  challenge.






We have this phrase to inspire you for this challenge. You could use just one word, one part of the sentence or maybe be inspired by the whole meaning...its totally up to you!! I really love the part that talks about celebrating all that is good, as I feel that if you think good thoughts and good things about other people, they will (hopefully) treat you the same:


I think the colour 'mint' is so pretty, in whatever shade and decided to celebrate it by using just mint and white on my card.

I started off by die-cutting two different sized hearts from white CS (unfortunately the dies were purchased second hand and I don't know what company they are from...). On the smaller heart I stamped the 'good vibes' words from Neat and Tangled 'Good Vibes' stamp set. I also used the 'sending' from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together'. I stamped these using Waffle Flower Ink 'New Fish in Pond'.

I then went thru my paint chips and found different shades of mint. I used  these with the Neat and Tangled 'Medallion Flower Builder' dies and arranged and glued them behind the smaller heart. The large heart was adhered to the card front and the smaller one popped up on foam tape. And of course I had to add some clear sequins from Neat and Tangled as well.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

You have until Wednesday 6th December to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if your needing any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Izzy of Izzy Scrap have designed for you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely and fresh Shona, love your motivation behind it. The double heart combo combined with the leaves is a unique idea and works so well. Gosh loving the font on the sentiment. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful, Shona! I love the fresh look of the colors and the layered look with the dies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering of diecuts you've done and the soothing blues. Just a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades of mint and all of those wonderful die cuts. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous minty goodness, Shona ... so fresh and lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paint chips!! What an awesome idea. And mint is the best green hands down. I love this arrangement on your card. I always wondered what it would be like to put up Xmas Decs just as it's warm again. So weird to me lol!!

    ReplyDelete