Wednesday 11 April 2018

The Cat's Pajama's Challenge #345 - Entry no. 2

After some very busy and absolutely freezing cold days I'm finally back with my 2nd entry for The Cat's Pajama's Challenge!! We've gone from double digit temperatures to singular in two days, its been a huge shock for everyone. We are all scrambling to sort out firewood, electric blankets, thermals and gloves when we thought we had another month to do so...Mother Nature just loves to keep us on our toes!!





Oh how I wish it was Spring here but at least I know that once we get thru Autumn and Winter, warmer weather will return!!

For my 2nd card I just had to squeeze in some flowers and colour another image of a cute bunny:


I don't use purple on my cards very often, I think I should, its such a pretty colour!!

To start with I stamped the bunny and flower images (from The Cat's Pajama's 'Family Forever' stamp set) on white CS and coloured with my pencils. I then used a oval stitched die from Studio Katia to cut it out. I found a gorgeous ombre patterned paper from Rosies Studio '#happy' and die-cut with the next largest oval die. This was adhered to the card front and the coloured oval was put on foam tape.

The sentiment is from Verve Stamps 'New Beginnings' and I stamped it on some white CS. I glued it to a piece of black CS and cut around it to leave a slight frame. This was put on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I better go and finish off dinner for all the hungry people in my house. Its amazing how much more hungry you get when the temperature goes down. I know its your body's way to stock up the fat reserves to deal with the cold but I have plenty already. Maybe if I sit outside in my underwear I can shiver off all the weight????......Although not so good for the neighbours.........

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. If you do go out naked & shiver off some pounds & it works, let me know & I'll give it a try. Anything to shed some weight. Sorry it got so cold so quickly...I'm still wishing it would warm up here. Super cute card. Very sweet & your coloring looks great.

    ReplyDelete