Saturday 12 May 2018

CASology Challenge - Week #299

Its a very cloudy Saturday morning here in New Zealand. I was just checking some emails and about to go do some chores but Minnie the not-so-little-kitten is sleeping on my lap, so I have to stay here now. Perfect time to share this card with you!!





I haven't had the chance to join in a CASology challenge for months. I saw the 'Marine' cue card the other day and was thinking about it while gardening. I suddenly had this idea and scribbled the design on my hand. I really must buy a little note book to take gardening with me as I get so many ideas while up to my elbows in mud.......:


I've been obsessed with Killer Whales since I was a little girl. I haven't had the experience of seeing one in real life but its the very top of my bucket list!! A group of Killer Whales in called a 'pod' and I thought it would be a great way to say to someone your part of my family!!

I started by stamping the Killer Whales (from Mama Elephant 'Whale Wishes') on white CS and fussy cutting them out. I then grabbed two blue paint chips (for the ocean) and used a Simon Says Stamp 'Border Waves' die on each one. I glued them together and then to the card front.

I had completely forgotten about my new MFT 'Little Lowercase' dies that arrived last month and used them on some black CS, die-cutting each letter twice and gluing together. I adhered them to the card along with this sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Beach Day') which worked perfectly. To finish off I glued on some half-circle black beads.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'For the Boys'. I think this card could definitely work for a male friend or family member!!


Time to go and sort out some breakfast/brush for everyone. I've got a lot of cards to make this weekend, so thank goodness the weather isn't all that flash. Hopefully I will be allowed to craft all day tomorrow with it being Mother's Day but I'm sure laundry and picking up crap will creep into my day somewhere......lol!!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card Shona - love the paint chipped ocean :) It's wet and dreary here today too, but I am not card making, I have some other crafts to pursue today.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this sentiment...it's so welcoming and heartfelt. Your pod of whales fits this challenge to a tee and it is just so cute. Perfect colors, perfect sea...just plain perfect. Hope you don't have too much crap to pick up on Mother's Day...let the kids do it. You just have a glorious one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona! Amazing card. The three killer whales look super super cute. Love the shades of blue on the ocean and the black sentiment that perfectly matches the color on the whales. awesome CAS design and lovely take on the cue word. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week. Happy crafting. Hugs-Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shona!
    This is so cute! I love those little whales. This is the perfect little boy's card - simple and fun!
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp For the Boy's Challenges.

    ♥Mindy

    ReplyDelete