Wednesday 12 April 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge - March

It is an absolutely dismal day here. Its been pouring with rain since around midnight (its now 4pm) and hasn't stopped once. Our lawns look like a lake and the river thru town is closed off because of major flooding. We've also been having a lot of earthquakes lately, we certainly don't need a big one right now...what a disaster that would be!! Max has been home sick and so has Phoebe, so at least I haven't had to go anywhere today. Its a perfect card making day, which is exactly what I've been doing!!







For the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge for March, their theme is Spring/Easter and I knew I would be making a few Easter cards here and there. Some of Phoebe's friends at school know I make cards (and even follow me on IG, what a cool Mum I am!!) and one of them asked me to make an Easter card to give to her little sister. I knew exactly what I wanted to do straight away, I hope she likes it:


This little chick image and sentiment are from Waffle Flower 'Welcome Spring' and is my go-to for all Easter/Spring cards. Since this card was for a little girl I thought she would appreciate a rainbow of pastel colours.

I started off by blending Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean over the top half of the card front to create a soft background. I cut a panel of white CS and used a Pretty Pink Posh 'Stitched Curved Die' across the top. This was popped up on foam tape on the card front, to give my chicks somewhere to sit. The chick images were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. They were then put on foam tape, following the curve in the panel.

The sentiment was simply stamped in black ink, put on foam tape and I added lots of pastel and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled. Little girls LOVE sequins!!

I've got five other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 



Uniko Challenge #40 (Spring with optional twist of Easter)



The Heart Desires Challenge # 11 (Spring)



Stamplorations CAS Challenge - April (Anything Goes with optional pastel colours)



Scrapbook Boutique April Challenge 




I'm off to make a big bowl of ice cream for Max. He now has a really sore throat and was asking for some Panadol. He seems to have a bit of a temperature so I don't think I'll be going anywhere tomorrow. Although with all this rain I don't think I could garden anyway. Could be another card making day for me......(secretly whispering 'yay').

Take care
Shona

 



19 comments:

  1. I'm sure your follower will be thrilled with her bespoke Easter card! Hope your son is feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flooding, earthquakes, sick kids... Glad you are making the best of it by making cards! This one is really adorable and I am sure it will be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are super cool...what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pretty newly-hatched chicks, Shona, thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And I hope tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a fantastic & sweet as you are...such a darling card. Makes me smile. All those adorable chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, perfect choice of chicks for the pastel theme, what a cute design Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. I love the colors. Perfect for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that line of oh so cute little chick eggs, gorgeous subtle colours too. Thanks for playing at Uniko and you might like to link this card up at AAA Cards where the theme is also Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card for our inspiration board this month at Scrapbook Boutique! So glad you could share with us Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOozing cuteness to the MAX Shona! Love those multi-coloured eggs with the little chicks popping out! Spring perfection and thanks for playing along at Uniko this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable...just too darn cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the cutest little Easter card. I love the little pops of coordinating sequins. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Heart Desires Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute row of colour chicks! Beautiful CAS design. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute way to showcase an Easter card. Love love love it!! Thank you for joining in at scrapbook boutique this month 😀

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG those little chickies in their egg shells are adorable Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about the horrible weather, but as you say it's a great excuse to spend the day in the craft room instead (as if we would need one, hehe). Your card is super cute an I bet the recipient loved it. Who wouldn't love a rainbow of chicks with added sequins!! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet! So glad you joined us with 3 amazing entries-- these little peeps are so cute and a perfect match for the inspiration. Hope the rain has moved on-- we feel you here in Seattle-- 4 feet total since October... nearly daily rain, and/or grey skies... so glad it seems to be clearing up! Play along with us in May-- you'll love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete