Thursday 14 December 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Hanukkah Inspiration

Hello there!! Can you believe there are only 11 days till Christmas?? Its just crazy, I haven't even had a chance yet to do my Christmas shopping so I'm starting to panic a little. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one!!

We are celebrating 'Hanukkah' on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog this week and each of the Girl Friday's will be showing you some inspiration for Hanukkah themed projects. 

For my card I really wanted to include lots of celebratory colour and gold:


I started off by cutting a panel of watercolour CS the same size as my card front. Using the Star of David stamp set, I stamped and heat embossed the  star images with Ranger 'Queens Gold' embossing powder, stamping them randomly across the panel. Once I was happy with the placement I used different Distress Ink colours and some mini-blending tool pads (I don't have any daubers....) scrunched up to colour only over each star. 

Once I had finished colouring, the panel was adhered to the card front. I die-cut a circle (using the Ornament Tag Fri-Dies) from some watercolour CS and heat embossed the sentiment (from the same 'Star of David' stamp set) with the same embossing powder. To help the die-cut fit in with the coloured background, I used the mini-blending tool to put Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' around the edge. It was then put on some foam tape, and I also glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.




All of the 'Hanukkah' products are on sale this week and if you use my 'Girl Friday' code you can save yourself another 15%!!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope I've given you some ideas for your Hanukkah projects. Don't forget to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog again this week to see even more Hanukkah ideas!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, I, too, am practically hysterical that Christmas is so close. However, to your card, which is fantastic. Love all the embossing but especially love the soft, dreamy colors you've chosen.
    So get out there and shop...Santa's on his way.

    ReplyDelete