Friday 2 February 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge # 370

Its Friday night here in New Zealand, the end of a very long and hot week. It would seem our heatwave has finished though, as the temperature has dropped considerably and I'm in long leggings, which haven't been worn for months!! Will be so much easier to sleep tonight and hopefully have a sneaky sleep-in tomorrow morning...





Last weekend, while staying at my Mum's house, I was finally able to try out a card design idea that's been bobbing around in my brain for weeks. And it turned out to be the same layout as this weeks MFT Sketch challenge:


When I purchased the MFT Stencil 'Drifts and Hills' I always wanted to try making this rainbow pattern and it worked out just like I imagined.

I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. Then using my mini-blending tool and a 'rainbow' of Distress Ink colours I blended along the edge, using the same edge each time but moving it back and forth to vary the pattern. Once I had finished I then used the MFT 'Square Peek-a-boo Window' die in the middle, stamped the sentiment and put it on foam tape.

It didn't seem right to have any colour in the middle window, so I stamped the butterfly outline from MFT 'Beautiful Butterflies (the sentiment is also from this set) and fussy cut, before putting on foam tape. To finish off I added some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




As its Friday night I'm in charge of dinner, which is ordering pizza, the easiest meal prep I've had all week! At this stage we don't have any plans for the weekend apart from me doing a few hours gardening on Sunday to catch up on my work. Next Tuesday is a public holiday and Max's school is closed Monday, so he has a four day weekend. So he will spend that day with my Mum while Dave, Phoebe and I are at work/school. Lucky him!!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely design, love the colours. So glad the weather is cooling down for you.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the background! ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaking AWESOME...I've said in on IG and FB and now I'm saying it here. Your creativity went into overdrive when you made this gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colorful Drifts and Hills background--sets off the butterfly beautifully! Congrats on your MFT win!

    ReplyDelete